Help with what to buy for blu ray home cinema set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am considering setting up a blu ray home cinema. The blu ray player i am thinking of buying is the Panasonic 35. I am now struggling to decide which speaker package & home cinema amp to buy. The cinema amps I have been considering are the Yamaha DSP-AX763 which i can get for £280 and the Onkyo TX-SR506 which i can get for £200. To go with one of these i have been considering the Jamo A102HCS5 around the £250 mark or the Tanoy Arena Lite i can get for £400.

Or do you have any suggestions that i haven't thought of?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
So long as you don't need more than 2 HDMI inputs, go for the Yamaha over the Onkyo as the 506 is unable accept audio via its HDMI meaning you wouldn't be able to receive HD audio from the Panny 35.
If you need more HDMI inputs, consider stretching for the Onkyo 606.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:So long as you don't need more than 2 HDMI inputs, go for the Yamaha over the Onkyo as the 506 is unable accept audio via its HDMI meaning you wouldn't be able to receive HD audio from the Panny 35.

If you need more HDMI inputs, consider stretching for the Onkyo 606.

Or go for the excellent Sony STR-DG820 - widely available for £250, fully specified for HD, and has four HDMI inputs. Yes, the Yamaha will pip it for sound, but the Sony isn't far behind....

A

Anonymous

Thanks, which speaker system would you recomend with the sony, yamaha or onkyo 606?

Open to other suggestions too of speaker systems too.

Also would you say the 606 is better than the sony&yamaha?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts