Speaker cable; Bose 18gauge1.5mm2
UK.

Room size aprox 5 x 4.5 mtr

TV Samsung LA32S81

Surround amp; Denon AVR-1507.

DVD player; Samsung DVD HD870

CD player; Cambridge Audio AZUR 640C.

Speaker package; Definitive ProCinema 60
Speaker cable; I think is the flat monster.
Both systems can be based on room sizes of say 4mtr x 5mtr.

Living in Dubai and equipment limitations I have accumulated a mix match of systems. Objective is to upgrade or replace both system or upgrade one system form existing two and replace the other to achieve a reasonable sound while listening to cross section DVD and music. I say this as I am mid century and the kids touching there twenties. Music is normally played on CD and IPOD. Budget per household sterling 1000/- each. I work must of the year in Dubai but the UK is my home. The systems I am trying to build would assume the better been located in the UK for DVD and CD. There is an option of renewing the Dubai system to swap with items in the UK making this the better system. My only thought say far was to introduce both houses with the Onkyo TXSR605 which you give rave reviews. It’s a challenge I know are you up for it.

A

Anonymous

Thought to add the Marantz DV7001 to the Onkyo TX-SR605 can some recommend speakers? I have added another sterling 1000/- to the budget of sterling 3000/- noted previous.

A

Anonymous

In Dubai the Onkyo TX-SR605 is selling 80 quid more than in the UK. Note there is no VAT in Dubai so I guess its down to the agent V.V.sons being greedy. I did find the Sony DAV-IS10 selling at 267 quid (listed UK 600) and the Samsung HT-TXQ120 AT 450 quid (listed UK 900). Going back to my original posting I would be pleased if anyone can help with the Dubai set up first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts