Help with sont DH810 trying to cal (auto)

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ive just replaced my old subwoofer with a new sub (ELTAX) EACH TIME I TRY TO TRY AND DO A AUTO CALCULATION WITH THE MIC FOR MY SETTINGS The AMP CUTS OUT AND PROTECTION COMES ACROSS ON THE DISPLAY , i have checked all wiring and its still happening . any tips are more than welcome . thanks in advance .

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Two things:

1) which model of Eltax sub is it, and how is it connected to the receiver?
2) what happens if you run the auto set-up without the sub connected? At least this will make it clear whether the sub is causing the problem.

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
the eltax is a

Eltax EA SW 20 , ive just switched it off from the mains it connected using a sub cable and has its own mains supply .ive run it without and still cuts out just had es 23 message as well ???????

thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, if it's still cutting out with the sub disconnected completely from the receiver – which will also rule out the chances of it being a fault in the subwoofer cable – , it suggests something else is wrong in the wiring, or that there's a fault in the Sony itself.

IIRC the ES23 code indicates that the calibration microphone isn't connected correctly. Try unplugging it and plugging in again – it needs a firm push to make sure it's located completely in the socket.

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
just out of interest this sub seems to be giving of some heat at its rear is this normal and i guess its best switched off when not using . thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the heat is usual – the rear panel acts as a heatsink for the amplifier. And I'm not sure whether that sub has auto power-switching, but if it doesn't, yes, you can turn it off when not in use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts