Help with SACD Playback

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, My Home Cinems system uses the following components:Sony DVP-NS900V (DVD/SACD Player) Pioneer DVD-747A (DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player) Sony STR-DB1070 (Receiver) Mission FS2 5.1 speaker system. 1 x coax coupling the 747A to the receiver for film soundtrack playback. 6 x Quinex 2 cables coupling the NS900 to the receiver for SACD playback. I'm quite satisified with the performance of this setup as a home cinema system.

Last week I attempted SACD playback with the view to updating some of my classical collection to SACD if the results were impressive. The results, however, were quite disappointing. I expected, if not a huge difference, at least a noticeable difference between CD and SACD playback. As it is, I cannot distinguish between one or the other in playback. If a system component is at fault, I would suspect the speaker system. But that's just a guess. The truth is, I don't have a clue! Constructive observations/comments would be most welcome. Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hope I'm in time to prevent a stampede of replys! Everything is now working fine - a reciever and SACD player reset did the job.

A

Anonymous

Ive got the dvp-ns900v and a str-db940, Q acoustics 1050 1030 speaker system, and SACD playback on the 900 is exponentially better than CD playback, although getting the unit to playback the SACD properly was a task. Have you got a multichannel SACD disk? I had to tell it to select the right layer, as it wanted to play the CD layer on hybrid disks, then the stereo SACD sector, but eventually got the full whack of multichannel SACD.

TRENDING THREADS