Help with picking the correct Mini-System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking to get a New Mini-System for my Main room (Living Room) but not sure what system to go for :-(

My Choice so far are as follows...

Dennon DM37DAB

Yamaha CRXM170 or

Teac Reference 300 MKIII (Cost a bit more but willing to pay the extra)

I have not heard any of these systems, but plan to run them with a set of Monitor Audio BR2 or Wharfledale Diamond speakers. I am after the system with the best overall sound :) Can anyone help??

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Listen to the Arcam Solo-Mini before deciding anything. You will need to spend more but it will be worth it. (Looks better than all those other mini/micro systems too.)

It demands to be taken seriously with good speakers too. (WHF liked it with BR2's but I would spend more.)

There will be more to save up for but it will be worth it eventually.

Honest.

matthewpiano

I'd be looking seriously at the Denon. I think it has the best balance of warmth, detail and attack. I've never been a great fan of MA speakers but something happened to me this week. I felt my new electronics were sounding a bit bass light through my Wharfedales and decided to try some different speakers. Having had, and disliked, the original MA Bronze 2s (B2s) I never expected to end up with BR2s now but they work absolutely brilliantly with my Denon stuff and I'm being forced to eat humble pie. I would definitely audition the Denon with the MAs.

The TEAC Reference system is very good but can get a bit over warm and cuddly. Its also about to be replaced by the new Reference 380 which might be worth having a look at when details become more readily available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts