Help with new headphones choice!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've just managed to sell my Audioengine A5's for £200 with the view to buying a new pair of headphones. Problem is I'm not sure what to go for and was hoping someone with more knowledge and experience could help! My criteria are:

Price: £200-£250.00

Type: Closed back (I will be using them all day during work and most evenings, but in areas populated by other people who really don't want disturbing! I don't like in-ear or on-ear styles either).

Types of Music: My current audition playlist is a fairly good reflection of the types of music I listen to...

Dark Knight Soundtrack: Like a dog chasing cars

ES Posthumas Makara: Arise

Muse: Anything

Jaz-Z: Empire state of mind

Simon & Garfunkel: The Boxer

Rachael Yamagata: 1963

Tony Bennett: Smile

Leonard Nimmoy: The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

Answers on a postcard please...

idc

Hi Deuce. I am a fan of AKGs and have two of their closed backed headphones, but rightly or wrongly, I would recommend you try and audition one I have not heard......the K271 MkII. The reason why I say that is because they are well in budget at about £110 and they repeatedly win leakless noise comparisons. They are around ear, which keeps you sealed in better than on ear headphones. They are less likely to bother anyone around you than any other headphone I have heard of. They even automatically mute if you take them off.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
I've just started using Klipsch Image (X10) phones which are amazingly comfortable compared to any other similar type of phone I have ever used. They are even more comfy than the various MX Sennheisers I have got through, it really is only the music that tells you that you are wearing them. I thought it was worth mentioning if your criteria for not choosing in-ear type phones was to do with comfort. Otherwise all the usual bug-bears apply, and they only look and feel (but absolutely in no way sound) as though you've only spent £5 on them. (should make them easier to slip past the wife then!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts