help with my ps3 set up?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive recently put a larger hard drive into my ps3,put all my cd's and mp3's onto it.but playing them through my tv sounds crappy.can anyone recommend a set up with a budget of about £400-£500,been told i need an amp and speakers.cheers!!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Indeed you do. Are you looking for just stereo speakers for music, or interested in getting a sound system for Blu-Ray as well? (I know this is in H-Fi section, but just checking!)

A

Anonymous

do i need a bigger budget? i dont really know where to start and what to buy.a point in the right direction would be a great help

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, was hoping some of the guys more knowledgeable on Hi-Fi would respond (I'm more into Home Cinema)! However, I haven't heard it, but you could go for something like the Marantz PM6002 amp (won the award this year in WHF for best amp under £300). Team that up with some decent speakers and stands and this would sound pretty good - I can't recommend any as, not having heard the amp, I don't know what would go - WHF recommends the Dali Lektor 1 with this amp though.
Your other option is to for some active speakers which include the amplification within the speaker so you don't need the separate amp. Something like the Audioengine A5s. You could add a separate DAC to this like the Cambridge Audio DACMagic which would present a pretty formidable sound I would imagine.
Please note, I'm guessing here only - I haven't actually heard any of these systems so you should definitely audition first if you can!

A

Anonymous

For £400 you could pick up a pair of MS902i speakers for £99 from Superfi. Add something like a NAD 325BEE from the same place This would be a nice system with the PS3 for about £400 including stands. Then later I'd add a Beresford DAC for just over half the price of the Cambridge, which works well with the PS3, and has more inputs, and a headphone amp.ÿÿNice sounding system for peanuts. If you have the 60GB PS3 you can play SACDs too.

A

Anonymous

Of course, for about a grand, you could pick up some AVI ADM9 speakers which would give you a very nice system indeed. Feed the digital out from the PS3 into it and you have an instant quality system with only 3 boxes.

A

Anonymous

cheers everyone , all help is much appreciated as ya can probably tell i aint clued up with all this!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts