Help with Itunes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently moved all my music from one external hard drive to another, now when i try to play a song on itunes it says that it cannot find the tracks and may be on onother computer. i then have to locate each and every individual track all over again so that i can play them on Itunes. Can anyone tell me if there is a quicker way. many thanks.

idc

Try Edit on the toolbar and then select preferences at the end of the dropdown list. In the box go to the advanced tab and click on it. At the top you will see itunes music folder location.Click change and then browse for the new location and then selct it.

Then let me know if this works, 'cause as of tomorrow I start the same process of moving my music to my new network hard drive!

You can also click on file in the toolbar and then go to add folder, browse and select it. That does work, but I am sure the above allows you to do the whole thing in one go.

A

Anonymous

i have just tried this and it still says that itunes cannot locate the file and wants me to find it's location. this will take ages to do.

John Duncan

Or alternatively, do a global search and replace in the iTunes Library XML file (it might have a *.lib extension in windows, I forget, but it's XML nonetheless). Take a copy first in case you mess it up...
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS