Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
The Dragonfly is a USB device while the module used in the PM6005 can only deal with coax and optical. In absolute terms, I suspect the Audioquest is better sounding, but using it's headphone output to drive a line-level input (plus the use of a suitable 3.5mm to RCA cable) will muddy things a bit. I'd be tempted to wait until there was budget for a big step up to the likes of Arcam's iR DAC or the Chord Mojo.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Ketan Bharadia said:
The Dragonfly is a USB device while the module used in the PM6005 can only deal with coax and optical. In absolute terms, I suspect the Audioquest is better sounding, but using it's headphone output to drive a line-level input (plus the use of a suitable 3.5mm to RCA cable) will muddy things a bit. I'd be tempted to wait until there was budget for a big step up to the likes of Arcam's iR DAC or the Chord Mojo.

+1

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
+1

Also, you wouldn't have multiple DACs in play. You can only use either one or the other. So an off board DAC would take the digital signal, convert it to analog and then send the analog signal to your amp via RCA cables, completely skipping the DAC chip in the amp.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Ketan Bharadia said:
the arcam irdac will inprove the sound of the PM6005 but you will need a marantz cd player to use the irdac to input the coax or optical inputs but this irdac will blow your budget

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts