Help with crackley amp.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

I have just bought a second hand Audiolab 8000a amp.the CD sounds fine through it but when I turn the selector switch to phono the speakers crackle and pop. This happens even when the turntable is'nt connected. I have tidied all the wires up, all to no avail.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks Kev.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Kev

I've had this problem before and it was due to dust inside the amp - I gave it a good blow out and it sorted the problem. Might be worth while checking this out, especially if the amp is 2nd hand as it may have been stored away for a while before being sold/shipped.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick replies.

Well i've tried both suggestions and its still rumbling and hissing. I forgot to mention it's only happening through one channel.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
it sounds like the balance switch.open up the amp locate the balance swich and spray a little wd 40 on it.if that dosn't cure it well it looks like a trip to a local hifi shop for a service.shop around and get a few quotes.i have the 8000a and it is a wonderful amp.good luck,gregory.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
there is nothing wrong in using wd40,sparingly but if you want to use a propriety cleaner go right ahead.a good friend of mine who has been in the trade many years and knows his way around an amp like no other i know swears by it.

TRENDING THREADS