Help with brand new MCR603

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I got a brand new Marantz MCR603 today and it all appeared to work fine out o fthe box. The first firmware upgrade failed but succeded upon retrying. Got internet radio working, it found my Songbird library on the mac and all sounded pretty sweet until I insert a usb pen with some flac and some mp3 files into it's front port, which appears to have crashed the unit. Now all I get is a (list empty) message for abut 5 seconds followed by a quick falsh of about half a second of the actual listting of files in the USB!!

From this point on Internet radio and Network server also stoped working! I get exactly the same message of List empty followed by a quick flash of the actuall contents of that particular input.

I tried resetting the microprocessor as per manual intructions, tried unplugging for a while, looked if there were new firmware upgrades, nothing seems to fix it!

Has anyone come across this problem before or have I got a dodgy unit? I'm not sure what to do and any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Here's the update, in case anyone else has come across the same problem. I contacted ther retailer (Sevenoaks) that sold me the system. They contacted Marantz support which in turn suggested that I do a factory reset by pressing the volume up arrow and the stop button simultaneously while pluging the sytem into a power socket. I'm sad to say that this didn't fix my problem so waiting for further advice from Sevenoaks/Marantz support.

A

Anonymous

That was going to be my next step but Sevenoaks have ordered a replacement unit, which will arrive next week. They also said this is the first time they've heard of any problems with the MCR603. Hmm...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
siulca said:
They also said this is the first time they've heard of any problems with the MCR603. Hmm...
That could be true on this occasion, I don't recall any barrage of similar complaints on the forum, but even if it wasn't true, it would probably still be the stock answer you'd get from the manufacturer. Manufacturers hardly ever admit to an epidemic fault. Even if you've Googled a problem and got three million hits, amazingly when you report it they've never heard of it before. It seems to be part of nearly all manufacturers' damage-limitation policies. Which probably worked in 1975, but the internet has rendered 'damage-limitation denials' pointless.

Hope your next unit works ok for you :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
siulca said:
They also said this is the first time they've heard of any problems with the MCR603. Hmm...
...it would probably still be the stock answer you'd get from the manufacturer. Manufacturers hardly ever admit to an epidemic fault.

I understood the OP meant Sevenoaks (not Marantz) had told him this. Sorry if that's wrong.

I have found the Marantz (D&M) technical support people nothing but helpful. (On the number I posted earlier.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts