Help!!! What to Buy?????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I've been given the green light to buy myself a new hi-fi but i am stuck on what to buy!!!

I have been looking at the Harman Kardon HK980 Amplifier and the Harman Kardon HD980 CD Player,

But after a vist to Paul Green's i am thinking of buying a Denon PMA700AE&theDenon DCD700AE.

I really like the Look&sound of the Denon but keep thinking i will regret not trying the Hk first....

I only have a budget of £450 so i want to make sure i get the best for my Money.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
You will regret not trying any piece of hi fi before you buy- whether that be because the item turns out not to be very good or because of the feeling you missed out on something better. So try as much as you can BEFORE spending money and only spend money if totally satisfied.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,, I am just having trouble finding somewhere that stocks Hk....Do you have any View on Hk?

A

Anonymous

They're a lot better known outside the UK part of Europe. I'd say the 980 series is around the same level as the Denon you mention, but is perhaps more neutral sounding. Give it an audition, anyway - seem to remember a dealer on this forum made some comments on the new HK gear a while ago. the model up, the 990 series, gets some excellent reviews.

A

Anonymous

I've had a look at the 990 Series but far too much money for a Postie!!!

What would you recommend with the budget i have??

A

Anonymous

Forget about both the Denon and Harmon Kardon and go for this, which
will sound better and is a lot less than your budget (speakers
included!).

You will have enough money left over for a good
pair of interconnects (Chord Chameleon Silver Plus - my recommendation) and speaker cables (Chord Company Carnival Silver Screen - again, my recommendation).

NAD C515BEE CD PLAYER + NAD C315BEE AMP + TANNOY MERCURY F1 CUSTOM SPEAKERS = £342.50 @ SUPERFI (with free delivery!)

This will be a cracking budget hi-fi system which will be very hard to beat at this price!

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3856

Note : I do not work for Superfi nor benefit in any way by recommending this system.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
EvilWolf:

Forget about both the Denon and Harmon Kardon and go for this, which will sound better and is a lot less than your budget (speakers included!).

You will have enough money left over for a good pair of interconnects (Chord Chameleon Silver Plus - my recommendation) and speaker cables (Chord Company Carnival Silver Screen - again, my recommendation).

NAD C515BEE CD PLAYER + NAD C315BEE AMP + TANNOY MERCURY F1 CUSTOM SPEAKERS = £342.50 @ SUPERFI (with free delivery!)

This will be a cracking budget hi-fi system which will be very hard to beat at this price!

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3856

Note : I do not work for Superfi nor benefit in any way by recommending this system.

Totally Agree.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Have either of you compared this with the HK or Denon systems? You might be in for a surprise, at least with the HK duo.

A

Anonymous

I have looked at the Nad and from some of the Reviews i have read have not been that good.

I need a amplifier&Cd player that will get the most out of my Mission M35i Speakers.

Thanks for helping me out Guys.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Where do you live?

There's a shop in Hastings called 'Showman' that stocks Harmon Kardon. Personally, I really like the brand. Their stuff really is worth a listen...

A

Anonymous

Hi, I live in Bath and we only have a few hi-fi Shops and none of these stock Harmon Kardon.

So all i've had to go on is Studio photo's on the internet and Reviews.

I Love the look of Harmon Kardon but i just want to see&hear it for myself.

Do you own Harmon Kardon yourself?

A

Anonymous

From memory Bath has excellent train connections to mayor centres.

A

Anonymous

What?? There are city's outside of Bath
emotion-2.gif
. I will be heading to Bristol tomorrow to hunt down Harman Kardon.

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
yep. make the effort mate. i bought once 10 years ago just on reviews and bought a mess.

this time round i had a public transport trip to the other side of london from kent. a take home and trial the week before of some kit. which i had to take back. and a 3 week wait for my kit on ordering. but at least i know i couldnt have got better for ME and my wants and needs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts