Help to choose the cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help for Newbies.

Decided to replace the interconnect cables. I liked the sound Van Dan Hul D102 MKIII,Nordost Blue Heaven. But they are expensive for me. Now I have are simple http://www.luxmann.ru/cgi/prod_rus.pl?26X3X30 , as the entry level system. But like cord with a supply of quality because the plan to replace all components.
I saw these cables:
Sonic Link SG Control
Merlin Bach
Merlin Elgar

What can you say about these cables? Will increase the quality? How are they compared to Nordost and Van Den Hul?

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

It's two different firms. I have cables from Luxmann. The are cheap but good quality. This company does not pertenduet to high end.

Cable  8.0 mm
20 x 0.12 (Cu OFC) 99.999% + Silvering (Ag) 99.99999% 4 mkm

I am ashamed to say, but now I Mi?rolab Solo 6. Speaker Cables Van Den Hul CSS-122. Sound is output with Audiotrak Prodigy HD2. It replaced the three operational amplifiers AD8066 and output capacitors to avoid distortion at high frequencies.
The whole modification worth $ 240. But I can confidently say that can hardly be over $ 240 to make a sound.But I began to ponder the gradual replacement of all components except the interconnect cables and speaker cables. Interconnect want to buy the current system for growth, so you do not change. Speaker Cable suits me completely. Why I decided to change while only interconnect cable? A friend of mine for the experiment brought Nordost Blue Heaven. Bass were collected and juicy, lively voice and sound brighter. But anyway, this cable is slightly brighter in my ear. Now I am limited in finances, I can allow only the interconnect cable. In the future I want to buy Atacama Nexus 5, Acoustic Energy AELITE One, Cambridge Audio Azur 650A. Sound output will be with my Audiotrak Prodigy HD2. I will listen until then, until the accumulation of money on a CD player.

If we talk about that now I do not like the sound, then he lacks the drive in the bass and generally drive. Everything is fine, but sometimes there is a feeling that the sound monitors.I guess I love the soft and surround sound, not like bright highs, I want them to be smooth, but without soap. My musical tastes are so different that it's hard to say what I do not listen. I love rap, electronic, classical, alternative. Recently I started listening to Apocalyptica, Korn, Marilyn Manson. In general, the better my system sounded, the more serious becomes music. I began to realize that the only music with really instruments, can I please. Therefore, there was a sharp shift in consumer preferences. But Cafe Del Mar or Buddha Bar I really like too.

Hopefully, me I will not laugh because of the existing equipment. I will be glad of any help to my question.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Campos:

Help for Newbies.

Decided to replace the interconnect cables. I liked the sound Van Dan Hul D102 MKIII,Nordost Blue Heaven. But they are expensive for me. Now I have are simple http://www.luxmann.ru/cgi/prod_rus.pl?26X3X30 , as the entry level system. But like cord with a supply of quality because the plan to replace all components.
I saw these cables:
Sonic Link SG Control
Merlin Bach
Merlin Elgar

What can you say about these cables? Will increase the quality? How are they compared to Nordost and Van Den Hul?

Thank you.

In had both theses cables in a previous set up.

Once auditioned at home in my set up, I found the Nordost to have more attack and bite, in my opinion it also revealed another layer of detail in my music listening, the best way I found was if possible with your hifi retailer audition these cables in your own setup and than form your own opinion to which you prefer.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Try the Silver High Breed 'Quintessence' - an amazing cable for the money. Got one between CDP and Pre, and one between Pre and Power; makes my system sing.

Currently listening to: Drive-By Truckers - Go-Go Boots

A

Anonymous

Gusboll:
Try the Silver High Breed 'Quintessence' - an amazing cable for the money. Got one between CDP and Pre, and one between Pre and Power; makes my system sing.

Interesting option. As he compared to the Van den Hul?

A

Anonymous

And then a direct answer to my question I can not find anywhere else. Compared only with very expensive cables, which clearly will lose.

TRENDING THREADS