Help Sony STR DN1040 or Denon AVR X2000

bjbanny

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok I am new to the world of AV i always have the all in one home theather but I listern to my friend Denon AVR x2000 with Harman Kardon HKST 60 speaker set and I see the different so I have got myself the Harman Kardon HKST speaker set I love them because of the size I want something very smart so now dont know which one to choose between the Denon X2000 and Sony STR DN1040.

I really like the review of the sony from all review web site but I want something that is good for music too so thats why i need help the sales people at the shops say Denon is better but review on Whathifi suggest sony str dn 1040 as a better sound i dont have the opportunity to listern to the sony inshop so i need help from anyone who know this stuff

if there are other very good althernative with apple air play suggestion welcome.

I just want a good sound when i play music not loud but deep and good as i cant play music loud in my flat.

Simurgh

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Up!

Same. I'd like to know the best choice for music. :rant:

This is what i read so far:

* About the Sony

CONS
- streaming capabilities are not working properly
- interface is too slow & unfriendly
- integration with others Sony products
- no Bluetooth
- no multizone support

* About the DENON

CONS

- poor calibration & only with deactivated AUDYSSEY
- no WLAN/Bluetooth
- occasional brightness to the treble at loud volume

PROS

- multizone support

Tricky-Ricky

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the shop didn't have any stocks of the Denon when i had a demo, so i just listened to the Sony and Yamaha RX-V675, and was advised that the Denon was not as good (possible sales pitch) however i ended up without the Sony as IMO it has far more punch, its detailed with both multi channel and music, and much more musical in comparison with the Yamaha which sounded rather wooden in comparison.

As far as functionality with the Sony, i have no problems with the net radio or music streaming, and in addition i also find it very good at low volume levels.

TRENDING THREADS