help setting amplifier up

dazzzer

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I am pick up a cambridge audio A5 to connect to My TV and I only have one L/R outputs plugs on the tv which is fine, but i am using this L/R outport for my xbox360 to get sound . Just wondering how i can get sound from the xbox to the speakers if i use the L/R port for the amplifier.?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
dazzzer said:
i am using this L/R outport for my xbox360 to get sound . Just wondering how i can get sound from the xbox to the speakers if i use the L/R port for the amplifier.?

I am wondering how you are using the TV's LR output to get sound for your XBox...

dazzzer

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
ID. said:
dazzzer said:
i am using this L/R outport for my xbox360 to get sound . Just wondering how i can get sound from the xbox to the speakers if i use the L/R port for the amplifier.?

I am wondering how you are using the TV's LR output to get sound for your XBox...
I use a VGA cable with my xbox to my TV and it has to white and red connects for sound that a plug in to the L/R on my tv .

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like those left and right audio sockets are inputs, not outputs, if you're using them alongside a VGA cable to get signal from XBox to TV.

Unless the TV also has audio outputs, you may be a bit scuppered: you could connect the audio out from your XBox direct to the new amp, but that would only give you sound from XBox content, not broadcast TV.

Have a look for audio outputs on the telly – if it has a Scart connector, you may well find you can get audio out from that, using a cheap Scart-to-phonos adapter you can buy from most supermarkets, electrical stores and the like.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
In my obtuse way I was trying to point out that the OP seems to have mixed up inputs and outputs and needs to recheck exactly what connections and (inputs/outputs) are available from the TV.

Even if there are no RCA outputs, the TV might have a headphone socket which you could use to connect the TV to the AMP.

dazzzer

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
ID. said:
In my obtuse way I was trying to point out that the OP seems to have mixed up inputs and outputs and needs to recheck exactly what connections and (inputs/outputs) are available from the TV.

Even if there are no RCA outputs, the TV might have a headphone socket which you could use to connect the TV to the AMP.
yes sorry about that i did get them mixed up i have the xbox sound cables in the" audio in " red and white , my tv has audio out l/r and a digital audio out . So i guess all i need to do is plug from the amplifier to the audio out ? :?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
dazzzer said:
my tv has audio out l/r and a digital audio out . So i guess all i need to do is plug from the amplifier to the audio out ? :?

Yes. Audio out in TV to line input (such as tuner, aux or whatever) on the amplifier

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts