HELP !!! PS3 HDMI connection problem to Panasonic TX-37LZD80

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, just joined so my first post.

I have had for some time now a ps3 connected to a Samsung LE40M87 and it all works perfectly connected through my Onkyo TX-SR606

In the living room we have a Panasonic TX-37LZD80 to which i tried to connect via HDMI the PS3. and I get nothing but a blank screen.

I've tried all 3 HDMI sockets on the Panasonic and not one pickups the ps3, but they all work cos we have a HD-DVD and Virgin HD box which work on them constantly.

I've used various HDMI cables from different lengths, different manufacturers and still nothing.

Have reset the PS3 via holding down the standy button back to standard def and nothing passes through the HDMI but it does through its av connector.

I've used it with the av connector in and without.

I have spent over 30 mins on the phone with each manufacturer , Sony and Panasonic, doing the same resetting, unplugging, again and again, and guess what, they each say it's a problem with the other manufacturers product LOL

In fact Panasonic told me to try another TV of there's because "it's a problem with the PS3" which my Samsung might not pickup and there tv does and therefor doesn't recognise the signal that the PS3 is outputting, hmmm so my Samsung works and my Panasonic doesn't so i'll buy another Panasonic??? Where is the logic in that lol

I even called Comet from where I purchased the TV and they couldn't help either (mainly cos it's out of warranty)

Panasonic say there are no Firmware upgrades available.

Has anyone had difficulty connecting the PS3 to there LCD/plasma via HDMI. I'm so confused as to what it could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try connecting your PS3 to another TV. If it works, there's a problem with the HDMI in your Panasonic.

How long have you had the TV for? According to EU rules, the retailer (Comet) is responsible for any fault for 2 years, even if it's out of warranty.

Check this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/may/23/tesco-consumer-guarantee

I know this works because I've just returned my 18-month old Sony Vaio laptop (developed a fault with the motherboard) to Amazon for a full refund of £699.

There's another act, the Sale of Goods Act. This covers you for upto 6 years: http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html#

A

Anonymous

Hi,

have tried the PS3 in my Samsung and it works fine, but i've also tried other sources such as Virgin HD and HD-DVD in the Panasonic so it isn't a fault with that either. See my confusion?

Only thing Panasonic could suggest is a communication error between the PS3 and the Panasonic LCD, but they didn't give any answers other than to contact Sony.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Power on PS3 via power button and HOLD IT for 5 seconds (release after
the second beep). It should automatically configure your PS3 to the
TV's native resolution for all settings.

A

Anonymous

Holding down the standby button only resets back to 576i, and though this works on my Samsung via HDMI the Panasonic doesn't even pick this signal up.

I've also tried a complete system reset with Sony which hasn't worked, there answer is they will exchange it...for 150quid lol

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
What is your connection from PS3 to Onkyo, and also Onkyo to Panny TV.Are they both HDMI

What was your connection from Samsung to Onkyo and Onkyo to PS3.

I have my sons PS3 thru a 606 to a Panny plasma with no problem so something is amiss.

edit- have you upgraded the PS3 software recently

A

Anonymous

Panasonic TV is not in room with the Onkyo the Samsung is.

PS3 to Onkyo is HDMI and then Onkyo to Samsung HDMI

The PS3 sets up automatically and detects HDMI when I plug it directly into the tv without having to use the Onkyo, it also does it through the Onkyo as well.

So why the Panasonic doesn't detect the signal i'm not sure.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, as I said previously it does work with AV connector (Scart/RGB signals) but nothing from the HDMI, is fair enough I could watch it through them but this is a Blu-Ray player with HDMI and I want to see them in all there glory lol

I've been sat googling for 2 days trying to find the answer to this and i'm having no luck :-(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts