Help please - Streaming problem Yamaha A2010

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I wonder if anybody can help. Since I have bought the new receiver Yamaha A2010 I have been trying to use the streaming function but without success. Even one person who is a profesional installer tried to help me via Netmeeting but he was not able to find any problem. When I choose PC from the yamaha I continuously get the message "no content"

PC - Windows 7 (I believe this is the OS, I bought the PC last year). The router is activated for multimedia sharing and the folder and subfolders are also shared and set as visible. I have tried all kind of settings in the PC network settings but unfortunatelly without success. I can see also that the Yamaha is there and is set as "allowed" so the PC recognizes the receiver.

I have tried with different servers applications like servii or PS3 but, none of them work. The most strange thing is that I can see the files in the yamaha android aplication but I can not play them. I can also select any MP3 from the PC and in the contextual menu select "play with" and then I can choose the Yamaha. This is the only way that I can play the files.

Is there anything that I could be missing or is there any way that I can test where the problem is? I want to make sure that the problem is in the receiver before I send for repair.

Many thanks.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi - I have a similar problem with an Onkyo TX-NR609 - which I still have not resolved. I know the Onkyo is working properly as it has been returned previously for a 'repair' and also worked on my local dealer's network. Have you tried your PC's firewall settings? - I did have some initial success. When I get some time to myself I will try again. I'm using Vista os, when I turned off my McAfee software, I managed to get past the initial 'no server' message. I'm not an expert when it comes to PC's, so for me it is a bit of 'press this and see what happens'. Hope this is slightly helpful to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts