HELP PLEASE!! M-dac just stopped working..

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
This must be a really unlucky day for me. On the day I am suppose to order an upgrage for my power supply for my Audio lab M-dac it breaks down on me.. Got up this morning turned on the M-dac & all it says is LAKE.WEST.. Takes a long time to power up & would not respond to anything else... I have tried factory reset no luck.

Has anyone had this problem.. Please any suggestions.

Thanx.

artist

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi Native_bon,

Try the M-dac thread on Pinkfishmedia.

John Westlake , the designer of the M- DAC,often solves users problems.

Regards,

Artist

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
If the item is still under warranty or less than a year old, then return it for repair or refund. Do not try a self fix if the unit is under warranty unless the fix is under instruction from the manufacturer.

The unit is currently 'not fit for purpose'.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
If less than 1 year old take it back to the retailer, do not get fobbed off with you have to contact the manufacturer, your contract is with the retailers. Sale Of Goods Act you have upto 6 years to claim, however after 1 year you will have to prove it was faulty. Upto 6 months you should get a replacement or refund after 6 months it is more of a grey area, repair etc.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Am going to ring up the shop & see what their say. Only had it for about 8 months now so am safe.

Would let you guys know weather a replacement or repair time of 3 to 4 weeks wait.

Thanx

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys latest update.. I had a chat with John west at the Pink fish media forum.. He was very helpful & talked me throught the whole thing.. Said looks like the crystal in the unit is gone. Told me to call Audio lad tomorrow & speak to a Rob here in the uk...

This may lead to qiuck turn around for repairs or replacement.. Looking good. fingers cross.

artist

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome Native_bon,

You might be interested in the Mdac first listen thread on pinkfishmedia.

John Westlake is in the process of producing upgrades for the Mdac including power supplies,main board upgrade, mini amps etc.

Cheers,

Artist

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I would have a look into the upgrades for sure. I spoke with Audio lab in the uk this morning. I spoke to a Steve. Told him about the problem... Coming to pick up the M-dac for repairs tomorrow. Very impressed with thier service so far.. at least I dnt have to go through the long process of sending it off to the shop. Am goin to look into the upgragde paths now.. Thanx again.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
I would have a look into the upgrades for sure. I spoke with Audio lab in the uk this morning. I spoke to a Steve. Told him about the problem... Coming to pick up the M-dac for repairs tomorrow. Very impressed with thier service so far.. at least I dnt have to go through the long process of sending it off to the shop. Am goin to look into the upgragde paths now.. Thanx again.

Depends on how far the shop is. You might have found that a replacement would have been given there and then.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Overdose said:
Native_bon said:

Depends on how far the shop is. You might have found that a replacement would have been given there and then.

Already phoned the shop.. Yes you guessed right... They would have had to send it for repairs as well...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts