Help please: How to tell an Arcam CD72 from a CD72T???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me how to tell an Arcam CD72 from a CD72T??? There's one in the paper for £75!...not saying which paper!!!

Much thanks,

Jack

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, I guess if you could get hold of the serial number it may have something to indicate which version it is, or if not a phone call to Arcam with the serial number should lead to the answer being forthcoming.

Andrew Everard:Well, I guess if you could get hold of the serial number it may have something to indicate which version it is, or if not a phone call to Arcam with the serial number should lead to the answer being forthcoming.

Absolutely - just seems a lot of hassle when Arcam could just put 'T' on the front. . .I'm a misery.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

er... so how do you know if your actual CD has text???
emotion-42.gif

Jack

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Should have a logo on the packaging and disc saying 'Compact Disc Digital Audio', with the word 'text' underneath it.

Are you sure you're not a secret Arcam lover?

JoelSim:

Andrew Everard:Should have a logo on the packaging and disc saying 'Compact Disc Digital Audio', with the word 'text' underneath it.

Are you sure you're not a secret Arcam lover?

Oh no, I feel the pipe and slippers are going to be given an airing. . . .

A

Anonymous

"Should have a logo on the packaging and disc saying 'Compact Disc Digital Audio', with the word 'text' underneath it."

....as does the player! Bottom left corner of the front panel.

Cheers folks,

Jack

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Joel or someone else with an Arcam may be able to confirm my theory, my CD82T serial number starts C82T maybe CD72T starts C72T?

T

the record spot

Andrew Everard:
JoelSim:Are you sure you're not a secret Arcam lover?

No, just a bit geeky when it comes to disc standards and the like...

I know this is more a format question, but does it drive you mad when you get competing formats from manufacturers that seem to confuse the public and struggle to get true support from the labels - SACD/DVD-A for instance? That's my geeky thing. And it drives me mad when they get it wrong, much as I enjoy SACD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts