Help Please - 3D through Yamaha RX-A1010

Yamyam

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, have been searching to no avail....3D Full HD does not work through my Yamaha RX-A1010....I have a Panasonic BDT-110 and if I use an HDMI cable directly to 3D-Friendly TV/Projector then all is good. But, if I go through the A1010 with a 3D Blu Ray then Blu Ray player won't behave and gives "this is not a compatible 3D player / TV". All firmware on all components is up to date.

Have experimented with 3D settings on Panny (Full HD/Side-by-side), but nothing as yet.

Any advice truly appreciated! Has anybody got 3D Full HD working through a A1010 or A*010 without the Blu Ray player sulking? I thought all HDMI inputs on the A1010 were all 3D-friendly and it would just pass-though....all else is excellent apart from 3D.

Many Thanks.

Yamyam

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you and hopefully a "D'Oh!" moment....OK, so can only confirm that one of the HDMI cables is 1.4a (which works in 3D if straight from Blu Ray to TV and bypassing AVR), which I've now tried from the Blu Ray player to the AVR, bu no result as yet. So ordered another cable so I can be definite that there is 1.4a all the way through...

Yamyam

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks GSB - Although, on reflection, with HDMI 1.4a from the Blu Ray player to the AVR, you'd think that the Blu Ray player wouldn't 'sulk' with the "this is not a compatible..." - why should it care what's beyond the AVR?!

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If the hdmi lead is not classed as high speed,it wont be able to pass 3D.

I'm only guessing this is the problem,they usualy are something small.

michael hoy

Please note:

The cable does not have to be "1.4" which by the way is a format no longer used to describe a cable.

HDMI standard - Supports image resolutions up to 1080i at 60 frames-per-second (fps)

HDMI standard with Ethernet - Supports image resolutions up to 1080i at 60fps, plus HEC

HDMI standard automotive - Ruggedized for internal cabling of vehicles to withstand high temperatures, vibration, etc.

HDMI High Speed - Supports image resolutions at 1080p and up to 4K resolution, 3D and all HDMI 1.4 features, less HEC.

HDMI High Speed with Ethernet - Supports image resolutions at 1080p and up to 4K resolution, 3D and all HDMI 1.4 features.

As long as it is High Speed it should work.

Yamyam

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Problem Identified!

It didn't like my HDMI splitter, even if all cables in-line were 1.4/High Speed.

HDMI splitter was plugged into AVR HDMI Out 1, and even if HDMI 1.4/High Speed plugged into AVR HDMI Out 2 then to TV it still didn't like it - then tried swapping them around - no good. If HDMI splitter unplugged then 1.4/High Speed works fine on either HDMI Out 1 or 2.

So thanks GSB - you were right it was all to do with HDMI cabling.

Problem is that I want my HDMI splitter with Sky for the other TV which is connected underfloor 15M away with basic HDMI, so am going to have to try moving that further up the chain: Sky -> Splitter -> AVR & Other TV, either that or look at a new 3D 'compliant' HDMi splitter - anyone know if there's a 3D compliant one?!

Yamyam

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Result!

Now have Sky -> HDMI splitter inputting to both AVR and Other TV, and Blu Ray player to AVR (and on to TV via AVR HDMI Out 1 and Projector via AVR HDMI Out 2) and 3D etc!

So, bonus is I can be watching BluRay/AppleTV/Xbox in lounge with AVR & SWMBO can be confined to Kitchen with Sky on Other TV. Along with no more complaints about Sky not working on Other TV after forgetting to switch to Sky input before switching AVR off (so that HDMI standby-through works).

The only downside is that I can no longer play my ruse that I needed to upgrade the Blu Ray Player!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts