HELP: Panasonic TX-P50UT30 Argos Blunder

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help Guys,

Argos made some kinda blunder on their website initially selling the Panasonic TX-P50VT30 but then changing the VT to UT. Apparently the UT30 is a european model and Argos are claiming that it has the exact same spec as the VT30.

Should i cancel the order or wait for it to arrive??

All help greatly appreciated. Thanks

StanleyAV

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Firstly, it is not the same model. The VT30 has no scart sockets, (only 1 scart via adaptor). The UT30 has 2 scart sockets.
It's very likely to be a G30 variant. If you're after a VT30 50" you will need to shop elsewhere and pay the right price. :roll:

It looks to be a Polish model sitting between G30 and ST30 models. See :

http://www.panasonic.pl/html/pl_PL/Produkty/Telewizory/Telewizory+NeoPDP+3D/TX-P50UT30/overview/7762001/index.html

^^ from Panasonic's own Polish site : (correct me if its not Poland!) :O

A

Anonymous

The G30 and ST30 have a quoted contrast ratio of 5m to 1. That model in the link is quoted at 2m to 1, so it's probably panas lowest spec 3d plasma.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Cancel the order straight away.

I personally would not buy a tv from Argos anyway as i would be unsure of how much support i would get should there be any issues with it further down the line plus the tv will be alot cheaper when shopping elsewhere but if needs must then at least they have plenty of stores where you can talk to a human being which is always welcome.

The VT30 has a totally different design to this european model with a bezel that doesn't protrude and is seemless with the rest of the screen and is a different colour, the entire screen plus bezel is completely flat and very stylish.

As for spec i seriously doubt that this 50OUT30 is on par with a VT30 as that is the top of the range for this years plasmas from Panasonic and judging by the link StanleyAV has kindly provided it would seem it's a significant step down from the 50VT30 and i would not buy it if you had your heart set on a VT30 as i'm sure you would be disappointed it, i would for sure as it's quite alot of money you are spending.

StanleyAV

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it confuses the UK market to have foreign models being imported. I found Currys and Dixons selling this model too.

Dixons have the 50" UT30 for £1299, compared to £1099 at Argos. What you have to bear in mind you could get a GT30 for less money than that online, even from Dixons!!

By being a foreign import it merely confuses people. Perhaps What Hifi should review this model, set the record straight? ;)

NB ignore my comment about scart sockets that's Argos getting its facts wrong and confusing me too! :D It's only 1 scart socket!

I know its model is designated a UT30B, but where was this model in the official release line-up hmmmm?

Does it feature on the UK website ? Hell No!! :p

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Totally agree with you StanleyAV, adding imported models to UK markets is very confusing indeed but i must admit i had no idea Curry's and Dixons were selling this model too...are they owned by the same company by any chance??

Just the fact that the Panasonic UK site makes no mention of this tv is enough for me to dismiss it entirely and be very dubious about buying one but i'm sure there will be alot of people out there that will get caught by this and end up buying an inferior and shady imported tv.

I seriously doubt WHF would consider reviewing this tv as it's not officially a part of Panasonic's 2011 range of tv's for the UK market.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
[EDITED BY MODS - HOUSE RULES. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS MODERATION. ALSO WORTH NOTING THAT A CUSTOMER MAKING A COMMENT ABOUT A RETAILER IS DIFFERENT FROM A RIVAL RETAILER MAKING THE SAME REMARKS....]

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Argos would be the last place i would buy a tv from, your best bet would be to try pricerunner (comparison site) to get the best deal. :type:

A

Anonymous

Argos are very expensive when it comes to tv's, probably the most expensive around.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
[edited by mods to remove edited quote]

Besides my experience with items of less value than the VT30 is what would make me cautious because i've always had problems once an item has passed their 28 day guarantee point and developed a fault, it's easier getting blood out of a stone :rofl:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
slewis said:
diversityfg said:
Argos are very expensive when it comes to tv's, probably the most expensive around.

Well said & probably not the best customer service. imo.

Agreed! You can save money and get a much better retailer if you just shop around a little.....just 10 mins of your time will save you at least a few hundred pounds, just google the VT30 and visit the various comparison sites PLUS at the moment alot of retailers are giving you 2 pairs of 3D specs with the tv that are worth £250 on their own along with a hefty saving on the argos price, you know it makes sense!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I had a similar ish problem with a Sony s370 bluray player. They were doing it quite cheap so reserved one to collect, when I got to the store they tried to give me a s360 whichwas the previous years model. The person at customer service tried to tell me it was the same thing with the same spec. I know it wasn't so asked for the manager, it took a bit of persistence but he agreed to order the s370 for me at the price. It's a bit naughty trying to pass something not as good off in the hope the customer doesn't notice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts