HELP NEENED FAST WITH NETBOOK!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

It's me again!

I sorted my computer out, no worries.

But then my GF brought back a compaq netbook. I loaded Avira no problems, but then downloaded pctools plus. The computer installed it all, but then shows a big box in the bottom right hand corner saying:-

Bluetooth tray application... is attempting to monitor and / or intercept systems events. This hook monitors keystroke messages etc etc. Then only allow this if you know this is ok. accept or decline.

The netbook has frozen and will not let me click either of them, or allow me to open anyother program. I have switched it off with the main button, as it will not even let me shut it down in the start menu. It just hangs etc. I have tried going into the program menu and uninstalling pctools, but once again it just hangs the first time I press anything.

She is doing her nut in at me, and as I absolutely a novice in all of this, I have not got a clue.

PLEASE HELP.....

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
You'll need to start the netbook in safe mode. You'll then be able to uninstall whatever it is causing the problem.

A

Anonymous

Hi, yes ooops indeed. That is the exact word my GF is saying at this moment in time!!

Yeh windows XP.

SO how do I start it in safe mode etc?

Guess I should of left her computer alone, when I know sod all about them!

A

Anonymous

Cheers,

But it is not letting me restart the computer at all. I click on it, but nothing happens. I then try and open something else, but it says it is closing down, but does not close down! I tried shutting it down instead and it does sod all. I switched it off and on again and pressed f8, but safe mode did not happen.

God knows what to do....?

I do know that I am getting alot of ear ache lol

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Just keep pressing the on button until it powers down- disconnect supply and leave for a few minutes then try again pressing F8 as soon as it starts to boot up.Then do a system restore to yesterday.(sorry -can't remember where it is in XP but it is in the control panel/system)

Edit - control panel/system/system restore

A

Anonymous

Thank god for your help,,, safe mode worked in the end and got pctools off her computer thing!

Back to normal now, apart from I am in the spare room tonight for being a silly billy tonight lol. Oh well, us blokes will mess with things lol.

Thanks alot dudes, much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

It was OK in the end, after a glass or 2 of wine, she settled down, and the dog leash was taken off me, and I was allowed back into the house from the kennel......

The joys of messing with things when your lady specifically tells you not to lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts