Help needed !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello first time poster here

About a year and 4 months ago i bought a Sony Mini Hi Fi MHC - AG595 somthing similar to this http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hfs-cd-music-system/mhc-rg590s. But has just started skipping and not playing cds etc 

So i wanted advice weather to have it fixed or throw it away. If i decide to chuck it i want to keep the speakers so i can start building my own system, these are the options i have been thinking of:

Buy a SONY CDPXE370 CD PLAYER with a amp somthing like FATMAN iTUBE and using my existing speakers with it.

Buy a Fatman Itube and PROJECT GENIE II TURNTABLE with me only using the cd format as storage then importing all the songs on my ipod, also using my existing speakers.

Or the first option but with new speakers.

I hope you guys can help me make the right decision !

Thank you

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
My first thought is bin the Sony and start building a system as this would provide better sound. However, if you fancy it you could whip the top off and give the laser lens a clean and that wouls probably sort the skipping etc. That might sound a touch techie to some but would be fairly straight forward, all you need is a cottonbud and some solvent(I`ve used aftershave!). Wet one end of the bud with the solvent and wipe the lens, then use the other end to remove any residue.

A

Anonymous

Which aftershave is best? Kouros cleans better for me (sorry).....

John Duncan

Graham_Thomas:Which aftershave is best? Kouros cleans better for me (sorry).....

What is this, 1989? Got to be Narcisso Rodriguez, buddy. Maybe Issy for Men.

(or alternatively, and cheaperly, get a CD lens cleaner for three quid from HMV...)

A

Anonymous

I'm old - and never wear aftershave - it's too passe
emotion-5.gif

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:

(or alternatively, and cheaperly, get a CD lens cleaner for three quid from HMV...)

Nope, imo those things barely touch a really dirty lens pal. If you can get some isopropyl alcohol is the best stuff for the job.

A

Anonymous

taxiboy:JohnDuncan:

Nope, imo those things barely touch a really dirty lens pal. If you can get some isopropyl alcohol is the best stuff for the job.

Thanks for the advice !

I cleaned the laser but it didnt work, so i am gonna chuck it out.... of a window :D

I don't have loads of money so it would be a low budget cd player that i would buy, do you think it would be better to skip the cd player and go for a turntable instead ?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Graham_Thomas:Which aftershave is best? Kouros cleans better for me (sorry).....

What is this, 1989? Got to be Narcisso Rodriguez, buddy. Maybe Issy for Men.

It is 1870 here sir.

Actually I have run out for now and I am making do with these....

3657300929_95e39a12a6_o.jpg

The Elite has almost run out too.

Time to get some more.

TRENDING THREADS