help needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi , i have just bought a yamaha 863se and a panasonic dmp bd35 which i will be connecting to bt vision box , all these have hdmi but my 36inch philips tv has no hdmi as i cant afford to replace it till next year.can you help me with the best way to connect all these together thanks steve

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi trenty

Use hdmi cabling from panasonic to amp so you get hd sound, then assuming your amp can do it, use component cable (the 3 blue, yellow, red cables) connector from amp to tv.

Without seeing your amps manual, I am assuming it will allow hdmi to be 'downconverted' to the component connectors.

If not, you will have to use conponent connections from panasonic to amp, with an optical lead attached too, but if thats the case, you will not receive HD sound (it can only be sent via HDMI), only Dolby 5.1.

I'm no expert without the actual manual, so I might be wrong above....anyone agree with me?

Hope that helps.........

A

Anonymous

HDMI from pana to amp and component to TV. Amp will convert HDMI to component.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the help yes i have component on my amp so will i need a lead component to scart , sorry if i sound thick thanks again ps bt vision has hdmi and scart so how do i connect this in

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Connect both the Blu-Ray and the BT Vision to your amp with HDMIs (I've done exactly the same).

Does your TV have a component input? If it does, you don't need to worry about scart leads.

If not, you'll have to find a component video to scart lead (assuming they do them, that is).

Worst case scenario is you're gonna have to use a scart lead with a composite adaptor.

A

Anonymous

hi chris thanks for that. i have ordered one of those leads scart to component, so hope that does the trick will i not need to connect a scart in bt vision box to tv also my tv has 4 scart imputs and also on the back of the tv it has 2 audio sockets . in the manual it says ---for digital sources with a dolby digital ac3/mpeg2 audio output also connect an audio cable to the digital in socketon your tv to enjoy multichanel surround sound , will i need this and if so does it go to my amp thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You can either connect the BT Vision to your TV via scart, but I'd connect it to your amp via HDMI instead. You can set the BT vision to upscale to 720p

Don't worry about sound INTO your TV, as your Yamaha will be dealing with all the sound duties.

The only thing you might want to do is run a cable from the TV to an input on your amp, this will let you use your surround sound when watching TV. (If your TV has a digital in, I'm guessing the other connector is a digital out, use this). If your TV has no digital out, it should have a pair of RCA sockets on the back (One red, one white). Get an interconnect and run from these to an input on your amp. But this is a secondary choice if your amp doesn't have a digital out. You don't need to do both.

TRENDING THREADS