Help needed on new HiFi Reciever R-N500 or A-S501

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I just read What-HIFI review of the Yamaha R-N500 and was thinking of getting it. I have oldish stereo reciever and would like a new stereo reciever with better sound (that what I have) and network/internet features.

I was going to get the R-N500 with the network/internet features but maybe the sound isn't too exciting or any improvement in what i have ? Does the Yamaha AS-501 sound better & do my speakers & sub speakers match with either ?

My set up :
JBL Studio L880 (7 years old)JBL ES250PWBK/230 Hi-Fi Subwoofer ( 1 years old)NAD - C 720BEE - Stereo Receiver (7 years old) Should I get the Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier

matthewpiano

Either of those amps will work fine with your speakers and there is very very little to choose between them. Personally I'd go for the R-N500 for its greater flexibility of features. Yamaha's NP Controller app for Android and iOS is excellent and their implementation of Spotify Connect works seamlessly too. Great features, plenty of power, and strong build. Rather leaves stuff like the Marantz PM6005 looking expensive for what it offers.

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Either of those amps will work fine with your speakers and there is very very little to choose between them. Personally I'd go for the R-N500 for its greater flexibility of features. Yamaha's NP Controller app for Android and iOS is excellent and their implementation of Spotify Connect works seamlessly too. Great features, plenty of power, and strong build. Rather leaves stuff like the Marantz PM6005 looking expensive for what it offers.

Thanks for the reply ! Good to hear that they will match my speakers. I really like the features the R-N500 has and might go for it but the A-S501 got some good reviews.

TRENDING THREADS