Help Needed - New system not running in well!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All, long time reader first time poster!

I wonder if anyone could help me out with a problem I'm having, I've just upgraded to an Arcam AVR280 Reciever and some Mordaunt Short 902i's, I'm trying to run it all in and warm it up, I'm putting Sky on and strangely it's fine with loud music left running for 2 or 3 hours but as soon as I put it onto a normal TV show all the dialogue is quiet and massively distorted.  I'm running one speaker with switched +ve and -ve as MS recommend and I haven't turned anything off since yesterday, think I'm annoying the neighbours though!

Does anyone have any ideas?  Loose connections?  Will rectify itself in a week of constant use?  

Oh incidentally I should point out I'm single wiring the MS's with the bridge connector thing.

The Mrs is going mad that she can't watch her stories! (I'm running a video only RGB scart to the TV!)

Thanks in advance 

Messiah

If I understand what you are saying, at the moment your +ve and -ve connectors are going into opposite sockets on both speakers?? This is a technique used to speed up running in and is not used for actual listening. If you want to listen to anything normally you need to ensure the connectors match on both speakers - eg. Red to HF and Black to LF on both speakers.

Reversing the polarity of the speakers puts them out of phase with each other and sounds pretty bad. Just switch the connections around so they match and sound good and let them 'run in' naturally.

TRENDING THREADS