Help needed Leema or Cyrus?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

Which system would you choose?

Leema Antila, Leema Tucana, Xone speakers.

or

DAC XP, CDXtSE, Mono X x 2, PSX-R x 2, decent speakers

Regards

stm.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I think Leema are the only company who have got 5 stars for every piece of equipment so far. It's got to be worth a punt although I can't speak from experience.

A

Anonymous

Leema get my vote also.

I used to own a Cyrus system. I felt the sound was good, however, after a number of additions ie psxr, power amps I felt the sound was improving ever so slightly at a huge cost not to mention the number of boxes I was adding.

Then I tried Leema. WOW. Differend ball game.

A

Anonymous

rich51080:
Go Naim - You know you want to be a Naimee.!!!

If not then I would get Cyrus purely for the prices available. Makes sense.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Why so many members just suggest something that they have own regardless of what questions are?

Leema or Cyrus? The answer is Naim! DOH

A

Anonymous

I suggest you try £2200 Bryston bcd1,£2999 Bryston b100-sst c-series,£1800 Pro-ac D15 f/s a stunning combination.No brightnnes,harshness,smooth,dynamic,rythmic,clean,warm,refined and very good bass. It really does sound as if the performance is taking place in the room.You will find the Leema kit you mention,Bryston and Plinus at Unilet in New malden surrey.I would be getting the Bryston.Let me know what you think please.

A

Anonymous

rich51080:
whats up with suggesting Naim.

I own a Naim + B&W system and it is an awesome.

Naim is indeed awesome. In fact, the Cyrus kit would be awesome too. IMO the Leema is a better system and would be my vote.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm Welsh so I'd go for the Leema components. I'm so impressed with the reviews that I want to hear them even though I have no plans to replace my Linn kit.

Unfortunately despite Leema being based in Wales, they have no dealers in Wales.

I would make sure that you get a good demo before making a decision though, preferably in the room that you wil be using them in.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman dude - purely my opinion.

Naim signature is not too dissimilar from Cyrus hence recommendation.

Also cheaper than Leema
emotion-40.gif
well unless you go the cdx2 route etc etc.

CDX5 WITH NAC122X AND NAP150X

Thaiman if i was to answer the question purely on the two then Cyrus would get it. Good savings to be had so therefore enabling a top range Cyrus kit with lots of money to spend on cds. Then again why didnt I get one???? Cos I listened to a Naim system hence my suggestion.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
rich51080:

Go Naim - You know you want to be a Naimee.!!!

If not then I would get Cyrus purely for the prices available. Makes sense.

Dont call anyone a 'Naimee' on this forum or your days may be very numbered
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

totally agree drummerman

that was my experience with cyrus

once again the leema is fantastic, no comparison

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
maciej1903:
totally agree drummerman

that was my experience with cyrus

once again the leema is fantastic, no comparison

Cyrus has made some great budget to mid-range gears particularly in the early 2000. However new range doesn't cut it to my ears, it lack the excitement of 7 series which is now 7 years old but still have special place in Cyrus fan's heart. in 2008, Leema by far the better gears and yes, even compare with Naim 112/150...the Tucana would make them sound lightweight in comparison.

A

Anonymous

Hello All

Cheers for all the responses -

A lot of people are saying that the cyrus system should get the vote, because it is cheaper.

However - the total cost of the leema is roughly £7300 (including speakers) and the cyrus is £6300 and thats without the speakers.

Anyway went to listen to the systems last weekend well with the cyrus 8se and overall i found the leema system better - mainly due to at times the cyrus se having problems reading the CD.

I have a couple of other questions for ya -

Are speakers and loudspeakers exactly the samething - whats the difference between the 2?

Also, a few cyrus power amplifiers are rated at 70watts, whereas the tucana is classed as a stereo amp and its rated at 148 watts per channel. Just wondering what makes a power amplifier - does it depend, not on the watts but whether you can make it mono.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
stm_70:

Are speakers and loudspeakers exactly the samething - whats the difference between the 2?

The only different is one has too many letters in it!.

As for the amp, generally speaking, the more watts - the better control over speakers. I love big watts amps myself but one of my friend found happiness in 20 watts puresound A30!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts