help needed for a hifi system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
very new to this, so would appreciate any advice! i have been using the same system for both hifi and av requirements but am now looking to get a pure hifi system.

i currently use an arcam avr350 receiver, an arcam dv137 dvd player and a pair of b&w 704 speakers. i plan to keep the 704s for the hifi sytem as i love their sound, but am looking for suggestions for a suitable amp and cd player to match these. i listen to all sorts of music from indie to rock ,pop, classical and jazz. the overall budget is about £2,500.

any advice would be greatly received!

Welcome to the forum

Firstly, book a slot down at your local dealers. With that sort of budget, an audition is essential.

Possible suggestions would be: Naim combo, Roksan Caspians, Rotel...or if you can get of hold of one, AVI Lab Series. That is fantastic little amp, although they are few and far between.

A

Anonymous

Yes, welcome indeed.

I'd be auditiing Electrocompaniet, the P series, Densen, Primare, Naim and Audio Analogue. This will give you a range of styles from an amp with plenty of PRAT to those a touch warmer and more musical. Count on about £1000 for the CD player and the rest on the amp.

If possible listen with your speakers as some amps will match well while others will leave you wondering what happened to the sound.

TRENDING THREADS