Help me spend a grand on some speakers.

salparadise

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently picked up the onkyo 608 and I am looking for some suitable speakers to partner the amp, as stated in the title I have around a grand to spend.

Space is an issue as I am forced to have my tv in the corner at the moment, Im trying to get decent AV gear before flying my parents nest!

I have never been sold on satellites and would prefer some stand mounts or possibly even floor standers but not sure whether i would be wasting money due to lack of space currently.

Speakers that have interested me to date include BR5 package, BX5/BX2 packages and Kef 2005.3

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sal

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
If you haven't got a lot of space then big speakers may not sound so good and will take up more of the space. Sub / sats can sound good.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The KHT2005.3's work extremely well with the Onkyo 6** amplifiers, and won't disappoint. But you have to decide what type of speaker system you want - the Monitor Audio Bronze will be a better package, especially for music, but is going to take up much more space than the 2005's. Either will work well.

A

Anonymous

salparadise:
I recently picked up the onkyo 608 and I am looking for some suitable speakers to partner the amp, as stated in the title I have around a grand to spend.

Space is an issue as I am forced to have my tv in the corner at the moment, Im trying to get decent AV gear before flying my parents nest!

I have never been sold on satellites and would prefer some stand mounts or possibly even floor standers but not sure whether i would be wasting money due to lack of space currently.

Speakers that have interested me to date include BR5 package, BX5/BX2 packages and Kef 2005.3

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sal
i have the 3005se package in a pretty small room and they pair up well with my onkyo 875. Well worth concidering!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts