help me rock out please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A few years ago i bought myself a technics pre and power amp (su-800 i think) with some jamo classic speakers, i only had it set up a few months we moved house had kids its been in loft boxed since.Now i want to use the amp again did not think jamos went well too smooth sound for me.i would like some small speakers have around 400 to spend maybe more if wifes not with me .i listen to metallica acdc etc i would like a raw sound with good drum sound and screaming guitars to bring on some goosepimples.also i have a technics cd player should i change this?please help thanks[;)]

A

Anonymous

With regards to speakers I'd have a look at the B&W 685's and the Monitor Audio RX1's.

Are you happy with 2nd hand speakers though or do you want new only?

Reason I ask is that 2nd hand speakers will do very well for you and save you some £££ as well.

The likes of B&W 602 S2's or S3's, B&W 603 S2's or S3's again or even the likes of Acoustic Energy AE109's would do very well indeed (the latter mentioned B&W and Acoustic Energy speakers are floorstanding). Ebay is the key
emotion-5.gif

I like to listen to System of a Down and Metallica as well as music like Massive Attack, Groove Armada etc... So good vocals and bass is key for me

T

the record spot

Klipsch released a series a couple of years back that didn't win too many fans here (not one of the usual B&W, Monitor Audio, KEF or Mordaunt Shorts), but might suit your needs. Killer bass apparently but not shy of a decent midrange or treble. Should do well in partnership with the slightly relaxed Technics pairing too possibly. Part of their RF range, so check their website for the right model number and go from there. You'll probably get a deal so shop round for a dealer.

A

Anonymous

^^^

Good call

The Klipsch RB81's could be well worth looking at!

T

the record spot

Beat me to it! There's the RF61 as well and Amazon UK have listings for both right now. Worth trying out and Amazon have a great returns policy, so you could try for a few days and return if you change your mind.

A

Anonymous

Oo I'd like to come and listen to that combo if you get it., Technics pre/power with Klipsch R 81's .........suits you sir!

A

Anonymous

thanks alot ill write these down and source them out i did like the monitor audio bronze as well any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

i am going to a few hifi shops in oxford this weekend hopefully to try a few speakers, not sure what amps they will have that sound similar to the technics if any,does anyone have any ideas, like the look of the kefs,b&ws,m.audio in this months what hifi test would these suit.as well as metallica and acdc i also like to listen to led zep, pink flloyd and black sabbath (ozzy and dio) so i need some speakers that will make me stop and listen.thanks for your help

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
you could try ringing the dealers you have in mind and asking them what they have to match your amps, and if its ok if you could bring them to the demo. i'm pretty sure they would be happy to indulge you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts