HELP! Marantz M-CR603 or TEAC CR-H700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sheer numbers of mcr603's sold mean this should be a no-brainer. But the TEAC has a proper volume control, a phono input and WiFi. So what wrong with the TEAC? I'm going to use it with my Tannoy V4's. Anyone with any experience of these two products??

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I considered TEAC CR-H500DNT 16 months ago when I bought the M-CR603 instead. (The CR-H700 wasn't around then.)

The biggest omission (on the TEAC) was the lack of an optical digital connection on the back. That's a big deal. (My TV and Humax and Blu-ray 'sounds' are all connected through that all-important optical digital cable). The TEAC CR-H500DNT also lacked AirPlay.

I can see your CR-H700 has AirPlay, but I don't see any optical digital inputs on the back (nor any coax ones either).

There were also the build and looks. The Marantz has radiused edges and an excellent display and an overhang at the back to help hide cables. The gloss black top is very smart 'in the flesh' too. Fit and finish is superb.

Oh yeah, I don't like equipment with air vents all over it (especially top vents).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts