help im a total novise i know nothing about avr

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive got a Harman Kardon AVR 4500 i just want to play a dvd in surround sound without looking at the instruction manual the instruction manual seems so varst there seems to be no quick start set up in the manual i carnt even get the dvd to work its all set up right any basic help would be appriciated just to get the thing working on a basic level for those of you have looked at my previous post i have now got the remote control so hopefully should get it working with all your help please

A

Anonymous

You need an optical or coaxial cable going from the dvd player to your receiver. Then select the corresponding input on the receiver.

A

Anonymous

i have connected the optical cable from the dvd to the avr selected dvd on the receiver and still no sound the radio works fine tho someone said on my last post about signing the dvd to the av or something like that sorry to be so vaigi dont no anything about av as you can guess i have pressed every button on the remote control thanks for your reply and hopefully il get more replys as im stuck

A

Anonymous

Looks like you need to assign the optical input...

The factory default settings for the AVR 4500
have all inputs configured for an analog audio
input except for the DVD input, where the
Coaxial Digital Input 32 is the default.

Look here page 20 https://www.hci-services.com/tech_doc/documents/harman%20kardon/Home/Electronics/AVR/AVR%204500/Owner%27s%20Manual/AVR%204500%20Eng.pdf

A

Anonymous

is a coaxial cable the same as a phono lead just thought i would take the optical cable out and put in a phono lead in and see if that works

A

Anonymous

Coaxial is digital and will give you the same results as an optical cable, you won't get dolby digital with a phono lead. Your amp is set up for the dvd input to come from a coaxial cable. In your amp set up menu you need to change that setting from coaxial to what ever optical input your cable is in.

A

Anonymous

In your amp set up menu you need to change that setting from coaxial to what ever optical input your cable is in.
that was it thanks so much wich is the best format to used dolby digita lor ? and i got one of the little speakers that sounds like a subwoofer is that because it isnt set up right

A

Anonymous

Some dvds have DTS which i think is slightly better than Dolby Digital, they are both surround sound. Sounds strange have you tried swapping the cables with one of your other speakers?

A

Anonymous

i have wired the speakers right havent set up the sound levels yet

TRENDING THREADS