HELP! - GPS on Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 5.0

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get one of these tabs free with my Samsung TV. Very good for casual browsing, email etc but I cannot get the GPS to work.

I'm not an expert with these devices, so no clue why it is not working or what I can do to fix it.

Any help appreciated

SS

A

Anonymous

Are you trying it indoors? My phones GPS won't connect inside the house.

A

Anonymous

i can occasional get the location indoors with wifi connected but have had no luck outside.

i was hoping to use as a satnav but will not lock on in the car.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Try "GPS Status & Toolbox" from the market.

Samsung devices pre SGS2 had some problems with the gps cache being cleared causing long time to gps fix. It has a number of tools including reseting/clearing the current gps location which may help.

A

Anonymous

Thanks DC I'll give it a go tonight and let you know how I get on

Cheers

SS

A

Anonymous

Downloaded GPS Status and Tools and then cleared map.

Set route to work this morning on google maps before I left the house then used the navigation app in the car. Definitely picked up the GPS signal much quicker and stayed locked. So thanks for the help.

The standard Nav app on the Samsung works OK (Voice is a bit wierd). However, I had to take a small detour for traffic and it does NOT seem to be able to re-route.

Any ideas or suggestions for a good android satnav app?

Thanks again

SS

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
CoPilot has worked well for me but I've only used it for cycling so I have always had more time to each junction than most users. It has a horrible DRM. I found myself away from home and it refused to work as the trial period had run out and it didn't recognise my details. Past that it has worked fine for me. For others it has crashed occasionaly. It is quite pricy but it is often on sale at price points that I think are worthwhile.

Sygic is a new one that looks very promising. It has a free trial. It isn't perfect or bug free but it is improving all the time. Definitely worth a try.

A

Anonymous

I download Sygic from the android market. It works very well and like the fact that you download the maps (unlike Google). The trial runs out soon but I think the maps for UK are only about €15, so not a bad investment.

Sygic is also pretty quick at recalculating the route if you take a detour.

I might take a look at copilot, as I have seen a few positive comments. It will be very interesting to see how TomTom pitch their product and what price

Cheers SS

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts