Help for tag owner 1080.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My setup includes a 7.1 channel TagMcLaren processor (AV32R) at its heart and a Toshiba sd 900e dvd, Rotel amps for power & mission speakers. I have just purchased a Panasonic 42PZ81B Plasma which changes the whole approch to my system.

1. Firstly The Tag has no HDMI outputs or inputs, ditto the Toshiba.

2. I have cash left for a Blue ray maybe the Panasonic DPM @ £400.00

This leaves me with some issues.

How to wire the tag which is not 1080p (maybe i can get it upgrades! cannot afford a new one) to process the sound i was thinking using component or optical. there is an optical out on the plasma and dvd.

The picture would not be and issue if i change the player but i would have to go direct to tv without processor.

As you can see i am somewhat confused and i would be very grateful for any advice on wiring or other issues in relation to my system you guys can offer.

Stevie.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You need to go for a BD player with onboard decoding and multichannel analogue outputs, assuming you have the later version of the processor with multichannel analogue pass-through. That's your best bet...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

I will ask my dealer, is there some quick way of telling if the TAG has the multi channel analogue pass through as you described.

if not would i use optical to tag for sound? and hdmi for picture.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If it has the multichannel bypass - just remembered the correct TMA term! - it will have multichannel analogue inputs as well as outputs on the back.

And yes, you can use optical, but you won't be getting HD audio.

A

Anonymous

Thank you again Andrew

I have looked long and hard at the rear of the Tag all it has is analog input sockets and composite digital input sockets for DVD and LD, and does not have 5.1 analog bypass.

i assue 5.1 analog bypass would have given me HD sound? is it worthwhile?

i will try and contact Tag and see what it costs for the upgrade.

Cheers Stevie

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi

You do not say if you have the dual processor Tag?

If you do, feeding the optical 5.1 will give you a very high quality sound with or without the scale of HD audio.

As for the picture straight to the TV is the only way.ÿ

I have the 5.1 bypass with the Pioneer blu-ray player, and it does sound very good, so if you can get an upgrade ÿyou will notice the difference. ÿAlthough you will need to spend £600 on the Pioneer blu ray at the least, as the Panasonic is probally not up to being partnered with the Tag.

Also worth noting I fed the optical into the Tag to do the processing on the standard DD and it did sound very good.ÿ

Good luck.ÿ

A

Anonymous

thank you topblok

the tag i have does not have the 5.1 bypass inputs unfortunately but i may check the price of an upgrade to this spec with TagMcLaren if they still do it before i do i but a dvd-blue ray player.

by the way can one get a multi region DVD - BLUE RAY yet i see from some site that sony do one is that ture any advice you have would be welcome. thanks stevie.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts