Help! Cyrus 8vs2 speaker terminals.

andyneilg

Aug 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi, just taken delivery of this amp and I can't work out how to insert my banana plugged speaker cables into its speaker terminals. There are small pegs sticking out of the amp's red and black plastic speaker in sockets and I just can't work out how my cable goes in! Any help really appreciated!

Thanks.

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like your speaker cables have the wrong terminations for the amplifier. You need a "female" connector to fit the "male" on the amp. Can't remember the proper term for these terminals off hand.

I had banana plugs on my speaker cable and when I got my Cyrus amplifier I had to have them changed.

Maybe your dealer should have enquired which connectors you have at present?

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
i know zip about cyrus to be honest but if the terminals are unscrew type (i.e to take bare wire etc) have a feel underneath the plastic dodahs and you may find a hole where the banana feeds in. The primare intergrated has this arrangement so its worth a try.

A

Anonymous

Is the amp new? If so, contained within the box you should have received 2 x red and 2 x black BFA connectors. It's kind of triangle shaped. At one corner is a screw, recessed into the body of the plug. Directly opposite the tip of the plug is the bit that goes into the amp. It has a gold sleeve within the barrel. At the third corner, "underneath" the screw, you insert your stripped back wire. Then tighten the screw on to the wire. The plug needs a firm push on to the conector, all the way up to the body of the plug.

andyneilg

Aug 6, 2007
Visit site
Er, confession time!

In the Cyrus box I found a small packet of BFA connectors! 10 mins with a screwdriver, and I'm warming her up right now. Thanks so much for all your replies. Really good to know you guys are here!

AndyG.

(and crossed post with Septicman, was probably doing it as you were typing it! Thanks for taking the time mate!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts