Help choosing new home cinema

Oneandonlystevo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently looking at upgrading my existing home cinema set up and would like some suggestions on possible systems.

Current set up: Samsung UE46E6800 TV, PlayStation 3 for bluray, old Phillips DVD home cinema with 5 speakers and sub. 3D bluray is covered by PlayStation 3 (soon to be 4!).

Ideal system would include:

- Rear wireless speakers (tallboy)

- WiFi built in (bluray firmware etc)

- ARC ready to reduce cabling

- Guessing 1000W / min 5.1 surround

- Price £300-500 range (feel free to suggest bit higher or lower)

What are people's views on sound bars? I have the space for all speakers but wife might like less cables. Just worried I would have to spend big to get a decent surround effect.

Thanks

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
For that sort of budget I'd keep the PS3. I've just ditched a £750 player to go back to ps3.

A real bargain t the mo, is the monitor Audio R90HD for 699 at Sevenoaks together with two pairs of the Radius stands. The way the speaker and stand work together is really elegant. The speakers push onto the prongs on the stands which have internal speaker cabling. Pair these with a cheap ish 5.1 AVR.

You ate getting up towards a grand but I can't see anything better out there.

Oneandonlystevo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
True but ones like this seem to tick most boxes for £500, I was more looking for other options.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SC-BTT560EBS-Blu-ray-Cinema-System/dp/B00BYUGR70/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1377635671&sr=1-6&keywords=BLU-RAY+HOME+CINEMA

1000W for this price range is quite possible on Amazon, lots of systems in my price range. Do you think the wireless rear speakers is what will push cost up?

Oneandonlystevo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
That Sony one could be an option.The 2012 model does fit the bill on all the boxes apart from ARC, or did I miss that on the spec? When do Sony release their 2014 models typically so I can secretly hope the price cut on the 2013 version?!

Oneandonlystevo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The PlayStation 3 is a good bluray player I agree, the 4 should be even better I hope. I like your suggestion Richard but is out of my price range! Wife won't be pleased!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts