HELP! Best Receiver sub 1000 Pounds

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I have a dilemna, i want to buy a AV Receiver which looks good but more importantly, sounds great.

I am torn between the Denon AVR-2808, Yamaha RX-V1800, Onkyo TX-SR875 and finally, the Pioneer VSX-LX70 which is my wife's favourite for looks.

Can anyone recommend what I should get? I cannot find anywhere so far that can demo all 4 amps. I know the Onkyo has great reviews but the looks seem to let it down.

I will appreciate any guidance. I will be pairing it up with the KEF 3005's or the B&W MT range

Regards

Sevy

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sevydad"]
I know the Onkyo has great reviews but the looks seem to let it down.

I will appreciate any guidance. I will be pairing it up with the KEF 3005's or the B&W MT range

Regards

Sevy

[/quote]

Hi Sevy,

Are you really more concerned with aesthetics than performance when it comes to a receiver? Let's face it, they're all big ugly lumps, so you should at least go for the option that offers the most for your money - and that's the Onkyo.

The '875 will be a fantastic sonic partner for the KEFs or B&Ws (ideally the KHT3005SEs in the former case or the MT30s in the latter), with the bonus of superb picture upscaling, too.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Clare,

I appreciate your comments and agree that on paper the Onkyo is the best solution. I will now go and listen to it on demo.

Sevy

A

Anonymous

Joel,

I am sorry you had to do that but surely sound quality is more important?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sevydad"]
Joel,

I am sorry you had to do that but surely sound quality is more important?

[/quote]
Hi,

Not if his 'other half' doesn't like the look of the equipment in the bedroom!

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"][quote user="sevydad"]
I know the Onkyo has great reviews but the looks seem to let it down.

Regards

Sevy

[/quote]

Hi Sevy,

Are you really more concerned with aesthetics than performance when it comes to a receiver? Let's face it, they're all big ugly lumps, so you should at least go for the option that offers the most for your money - and that's the Onkyo.

The '875 will be a fantastic sonic partner for the KEFs or B&Ws (ideally the KHT3005SEs in the former case or the MT30s in the latter), with the bonus of superb picture upscaling, too.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more with Clare's advice.

I have the Onkyo/Kef set-up at home and it is excellent value for money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts