Hello and helped needed with CDP choice?

Hello I am Miguel from Portugal and I am here to learn and give my knowloedge to all the members.

I currently have a Pioneer A400 with two MISSION 753 Speakers.

My sources aren't that good, I use a USB Sabre DAC and a portalbe Sony minidisc player.

I am interested in buying a Marantz CD63 MKII Ki Sign. for 200 Eur (£145) but I was wondering if is there any good (and cheaper) alternative to this player?

Best regards

Miguel

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello Miguel,

Although I haven't heard the usb sabre dac, my experience with dacs is that they are very much alike. They mainly differ in output stage quality (the analogue part) and being able to feed a stable power supply to various parts of the cd player/streamer/dac. For instance I read that seperation power supply to digital and analogue parts helps putting out a cleaner signal.

My own experience is mainly based on owning a arcam dac, cyrus dac, a B&O dac/pre and a Nad dac/pre.
Based on that I would say that asynchronous capabililty of a usb input is good to have and input buffer also. Other than that it's just minor tweaks.
I would suggest tge following: stick with what you have, try out a mojo dac or buy the marantz cd 63 in full knowledge that you may needcto replace the laser/drawer and want to upgrade it by modding (diy).

Basically you have a very fine dac and money above 500 is best spent elsewhere: speakers and amplifier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts