HEELP spending cash on amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody, I was hunting for second hand amp in local stores to replace my cambridge 640a, and found Audio Analogue Puccini Remote, Consonance a100 linear, Consonance a100 hybrid, and Pathos Classic One (mark one) they are all priced nearly the same. Which will be the best match to my system. It is Vienna Accoustic Haydn(not grand), QED silver Anniversary XT, shek d1 DAC + squeezebox. and audioquest panther interconnect. My main interest in sound characters are sweet, rich and warm. I would like any advice on this.. thanks a lot in advance, wun

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I have'nt heard any of the amps (or your speakers) other than the Puccini and that was a while ago but I remember it to be bass light and diffuse or unfocused sounding compared to a cyrus 8. Looks good though.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]

I have'nt heard any of the amps (or your speakers) other than the Puccini and that was a while ago but I remember it to be bass light and diffuse or unfocused sounding compared to a cyrus 8. Looks good though. [/quote]
thanks drummerman, I'll check on the bass when demoing it later.

A

Anonymous

Anyone.. had any experience with gear I mentioned above.. advice PLEEEASE......
THAIMAN? GREGORY? mr ANDREW or mrs CLARE maybe

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Vienna are very nice speakers but I don't know your DAC at all!

Anyway out of all that list I would go with either Pathos or Puccini as both are sweet and certainly not bright. The Pathos hold value better so if they are the same price I reckon Audio Analog is slightly over price.

As for Consonance stuff I have no personal interest in them but apparently they sound extra smooth with Opera speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks thaiman for your prompt response.. I prefer pathos' looks than puccini.
As the consonance I recently read that 70% the chinese people receive it's salary after 6 months. if that's true I hate buying chinese product, they are chepare but eople get exploited
thanks again

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="gwnzen"]As the consonance I recently read that 70% the chinese people receive it's salary after 6 months. if that's true I hate buying chinese product[/quote]

Look at the bright side ... better than no job
emotion-11.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gwnzen"]if that's true I hate buying chinese product[/quote]

If that is the case then you wouldn't be buying anything at all....(very) soon!

I just cooked my self a stir fried beef in oyster sauce and a touch of garlic, I have spotted on the Mangetout Peas package that it came from Zimbabwe. I am not a big fan of dictatorship running country but I have to draw the line somewhere! The Peas were lovely
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]

I just cooked my self a stir fried beef in oyster sauce and a touch of garlic, I have spotted on the Mangetout Peas package that it came from Zimbabwe. I am not a big fan of dictatorship running country but I have to draw the line somewhere! The Peas were lovely
emotion-2.gif

[/quote]

agree we have to draw the line somewhere, but I 'd rather eat Pathos's or audio analogue's peas than eating consonance's.
:p peas be with you

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]

emotion-2.gif

[/quote]

CLASSIC!
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts