Heard of CEC amps?

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody, just wondering if anybody has ever heard of CEC amps and if yes how do they stack up up to well known brands?I am looking at the 5300 fromCEC so any feedback let it be positive or negative will be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance.john

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I like em. Best known for their belt driven CD players and transports, their amps are pretty good too. Class A. I was going to buy the 3800 CDP and AMP. Definitely go well with their own CD players hooked up with balanced connections. Unfortunately I haven't listened to the 5300 much. The house sound is regarded as detailed but warm/sweet. A lot of reviewers like to throw in that it sounds a bit analogue. The slightly laid back sound might not be for everyone. Great value for money in their native Japan, and priced pretty competitively in the US and EU from what I can tell. Definitely worth checking out.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Im surprised that CEC arent a name more common in the UK, certainly going by reviews around the net. Their TL-51XR cd player is legendary apparently. Anyone here got any experiences with CEC amps or cdp ?

Here are a few links ive found -

EDITED BY MODS - House Rules
http://www.cec-web.co.jp/index.html

TRENDING THREADS