Headphones AND speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hiya, I've tried searching through the forums for this but its really awkward one to search for without searching through pages so...

My dad (bless him) is starting to go abit deaf and so keeps turning the TV up really loud when he runs out of hearing aid batteries which is driving my not so deaf mother mad. So we were able to get hold of some 'Sony MDR-RF860RK Wireless Headphone' cheaply and was wondering if it was possible to make them so the headphones AND the TV speakers will work at the same time so my mother can watch the same program aswell.

I checked online and saw it had a RCA cable so i thought i could plug it into the RCA and it would work, but it doesnt. The back of the station has red and yellow RCA ports and a Headphone jack. The box came with a red and yellow RCA cable with Headphone end. The instructions says to plug the RCA into the stand and then the headphone jack into the TV which obviously kills the sounds. I've tried putting the Headphone jack into the Stand and RCA into the TV but nothing happens...

Do i need to get a headphone to RCA adapter or something? Will that work? or a maybe RCA to RCA cable?

Cheers in advance for any help

-w00kie

idc

Hi wOOkie. Had a look on Amazon and there is even a handy picture....

I dont fully understand your description, but if the TV has a phono connection that is a line out, meaning that it can send a signal via phonos to another device, usually an amplifier, then I would say that connected to the phonos (red and white connections) should work. For that you need phono to phono interconnects. But, like connecting to the headphone jack, doing so may cut out the sound to the TVs speakers. In which case I dont think your cunning plan will work. What TV is it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts