Headphone without amp.

Paweloo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,well I'm pretty sure t'll be a silly question,but im totally grenn so......Anyway im about to buy a new headphones up to 170 pounds and i consider between these Sennheiser HD25-C-2 , seinnheiser hd 598 , Sennheiser HD25-1-II PRO. Mainly ill be using them on my android htc one x device and on my tv for cinema/gaming.I ve got no amplifier so I would ask you for your opinion as i dont want to waste money on a headphones that i wont be able to use their potential.Maybe youve got some other recommendation?My preferable genre is hip hop/rock so i need some bass on them,tahnks for any help.

A

Anonymous

Don't know what you're using now, but after you buy the headphones, and your not happy you can add a headphone amp a d see if it's better. Can you demo?

Paweloo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have no any headphones at the moment,and they will be my first serious one,and mostly i wiil be using them on the go with my device,so i do not even think of buying amp for now,closed headphones i would prefer,i have visited some websites readed reviews and comments,and still confused about my choice....

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's one I've been following for awhile, and one of these days I'm gonna cop it.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-closed-back-studio-headphones-prodid-4470.html

Paweloo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I've been looking at these headphones before a lot,and I admit they are quiet interesting,but...they are too, chunky and they are very conspicuous if you're one the go,I know that the sound is most important but still i try to find some alternative.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I would say that the HD598 and DT770 are just as big and conspicuous as the COP, the COP just looks nicer and thus would be more acceptabel for street wearing. I agree that the HD598 wouldn't sound great outside with background noise so stay with something closed.

I'm going to throw in a recommendation for the V-Moda M-80 (my favourite V-Moda). I prefer the M-80 over the B&W P3/P5 and Sennheiser HD25 / Amperior. Compared to the latter two the bass isn't quite so ridiculous. I like bass, but it's over the top and needs EQ'ing down on those two Sennheisers. If you do EQ the bass down the M-80 still sounds better imo. Although the M-80 isn't quite so comfy, but it makes up for that with much better styling, an even more rubust build, a hard case, generic removable cables (two of them), customisable shields and you can even get them in white - if you like that kinfd of thing.

Paweloo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought m-80;) They will be at monday,thanks everyone for help!!

One last question,about mini portable amplifier,is it worth of buying?And can you carry it with yourself anywhere you want?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Paweloo said:
One last question,about mini portable amplifier,is it worth of buying?And can you carry it with yourself anywhere you want?

If you're using the HTC One/Android, do you have a Line Out, or headphone jack only? If headphone jack only and no way to remove the volume control, then adding an amp will put two volume controls and all of the cellphone's amps into the circuit along with the external amp's electronics.

People sometimes say "Just try it" to see what it does, and if it provides more volume and headroom where the cellphone was running out of power, it may sound better in spite of having the extra (and primitive) electronics in the signal path.

The M80 is very efficient, so an external amp will probably not be necessary, and whether it would improve the sound anyway, who knows?

bobshek

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Always best to try headphones/cans with your phone prior to purchase.

My Galaxy Note 2 struggles to get decent volume out of Mdr 1r, Amperiors, Momentums, and my classic D7 eggos.

The iphone 4s/5 is slightly better but for decent dynamics, all the above I've mentioned need to go through my portable headphone amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts