Headphone extension leads

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Mornin' all.

I've got a pair of Sennheiser HD280Pros that I want to use with my Beresford (being fed either with ALAC from a PC with optical out or CD via an Alpha 6), but I sit about 3m away from the hifi.

Is there any mileage in trying to get hold of a high-quality headphone extension, or will a £5.99 maplin lead do the job as well?

Cheers in advance...

FBSF.

A

Anonymous

I cant tell the difference between a relatively cheap extension wire and an official Grado product I later sourced on eBay. This is for a pair of Grado R60 straight into my pre-amp. I guess if someone is using a high quality, dedicated headphone amp, and expesnive headphones, then they might notice a difference, but otherwise, save your cash

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Fairy muff.

I think the Maplin one makes sense, but there is a gotham one on ebay for £15 inc postage. Seems worth a punt for not a great deal of spondoolies...

I have a 2m maplin-special now, so will report back once the gotham has arrived.

d-devil.gif
Do headphone cables need to "burn in"?

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I've got a Grado Headphone lead and a Robert Schofield Headphone lead, both provide what I consider to be a better, cleaner sound through my Grado's than the £5 HMV lead I was using origally. I can't quite decide whether I prefer the sound of the Grado or the Robert Schofield lead though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts