Headphone Amp

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
You could look at the little dot mkIII - was recommended to me on this website from a couple of people that owned them - is a tube head amp and spunds fantastic and open - buy off ebay from davidzhezhe - he is based in the US but is main and best contact - great item works fantastically with my Senn HD650s

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/review-little-dot-mkiii-tube-headphone-amp-pre-amp-309855/

A

Anonymous

If they sound as good as they look i'll be a happy listener

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
don't know why davidzhezhe has nothing online at min guess they could have all just been sold or his adverts have just lapsed - just keep checking sure more will be back on within 24 hours or so. They do have a forum and website some where if you google littledot

A

Anonymous

The little dot rules! Just done some tube roling, opens up a whole new field of upgrades.

A

Anonymous

Try out a Graham Slee 'Novo', am using one with some Grado SR325i's + Cyrus CD8se and the sound is amazing.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
If you wanna go solid state, the Little Dot MkV gets good reviews. Available from ebay.

DSCF0512_resize.jpg

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Brisk:The little dot rules! Just done some tube roling, opens up a whole new field of upgrades.

Brisk - what have you tried so far and where did you buy from?

Still running in my original tubes - have prob only got about 50 hours on it so far

A

Anonymous

I'm just burning in the Mullard EF92 M8161, these seemed like a popular choice so I thought I would give them a go. Haven't heard of the tubes you mention, but then I'm very new to this tube rolling business. You will have to post your views on them. I know there is plenty of info on Head-fi and other sites but sometimes its a bit overwhelming. I bought from:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/COLOMOR-VALVES-TUBES-COMPONENTS
They were packaged well and despatched quickly, no complaints here.

A

Anonymous

I used to have an MF X-Can v3, too thin sounding and light for my tastes, even with Grado 125s.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the russians got a big nod for rock music so thought would give them a go - quote from head-fi org

"First were the Russian 6Zh1P-EVs. These inexpensive little gems are a rock and roller's dream! The dynamics and punch they provide is very addictive! Extreme lows with punch, mids that are flat and accurate, and highs that drive the music into a toe tapping experience! I just love them!"

will let you know as i will have a spare set as bought 4

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:will let you know as i will have a spare set as bought 4

Cheers.

I've done about 40h on the Mullard M8161 now and they are sounding sublime. Just out of interest do you just the pre-amp functionality on the Dot?

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:will let you know as i will have a spare set as bought 4

Cheers.

I've done about 40h on the Mullard M8161 now and they are sounding sublime. Just out of interest do you just the pre-amp functionality on the Dot?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Not tried it as a preamp yet although i do now have a spare arcam p35 so was thinking of connecting my ipod to it directly and trying it in that configuration using the russ andrews cable to take the line out of the ipod - will prob try in my bedroom with my quad 12l2s - will let you know how i get on - do you recommend it as pre amp?

A

Anonymous

Oh yes I do, not that I have had any experience with other pre-amps but its really helped warm the system whilst still maintaining the superb soundstage, amazing detail and realism. I have it hooked up to the Beresford, I think the two work well together. Give it a try, it really is a multitalented piece of kit.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well these little russian VOSHOD 6ZH1P-EV EF95 have firmed up the bass no end and opened up the mids - looking forward to putting some hours on these - Octopo has asked in accessories for some feedback on both the darkvoice and little dot

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
interesting - the vishod have just gone through a 12 hours cycle of sounding really wooly - the bass was horrible - but now suddenly ALL just come together and these sound amazing - just listening to m jackson and i'm blown away - cymbals hit hard as does the bass - vocals so clear wow

A

Anonymous

Glad to hear that your enjoying them, a true bargain. You will have to do a comparison when you get the mullards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts