HDMI Splitting

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to change my system. It looks like I'll get something like this:

46 inch LCD 1080p screen (waiting for reviews on the new Sharp to finally decide between the Samsung M series or the new Sony (overpriced as usual)). All have 3x HDMI 1.3a

BD Player (again, great offer on the Sharp and after auditioning it, the pix look great). If I take the Sharp screen, I get the player free, basically. Sony are offering a similar deal on their older 1,2 player.

HD Player. Probably the new Toshiba HD 35 which supports full HD audio and is not expensive. (Off to the states next week and looking to pick up piles of discs.... and you get 7 free discs with the Tosh, which almost makes the player free....)

DVD/DVD-A/SACD player. Probably the Pioneer DV600.

Sky HD box.

Onkyo 605 playing into my KEF KHT2005 which were already wired into my medium sized home cinema room.

So here's the question. The 605 only has two HDMI inputs. My thought is that I put the Sky into 1 and split the other 4 into the second, given that I'd only ever be using one at a time. Does splitting have an adverse effect on signal quality and do I need to get a powered one (with an extra bloody remote)?

Given that, is there another amp around that takes 4xHDMI 1.3 and supports HD audio? Yeah, I know there's the 875, but it's way too powerful for my room and more than twice what I want to pay.

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Within your budget? Not really. So it looks like a switchbox is the only answer.

You could always buy something like a Logitech Harmony series remote for the whole system, and program it to select the right input on the switcher when you select that source.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts