HDMI Splitters

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a panasonic tv with only one HDMI connection currently and also have Sky HD, has anyone had any experience of using an HDMI splitter in this scenario with a blu-ray player and if so have you any recommendations for them? HDMI splitters that is.

Rgds

Shayn

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
It's an hdmi switch that you need i.e. 2 in, 1 out. A splitter would be 1 in, 2 out if you catch my drift. I can only recommend what I've used and that is an Oppo HM31 switch from crtprojectors.co.uk. It works flawlessly and is fully automatic, v1.3/1080p compliant and has IR control (not that you need it as it's auto). Be wary of some of the unbranded stuff, particularly the stuff on ebay. Some folks experience no problems but unfortunately hdmi is complicated and compatibility issues can arise. The branded stuff tends to work all the time though.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

No experience with splitters but you may be able to connect either the Sky or BD player via component cable if that's an option on either box?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
As Cofnchtr has said, perhaps use component cables to connect your Sky HD box to the TV, you'll still get HD at 720p/1080i which is all that is on offer from Sky anyway.

I've got enough HDMI inputs on my TV, but everything goes through my Onkyo 905 amp so there is just one HDMI output to the TV. It's surprising how much that degrades the picture. If I connect my blu-ray direct to the TV there's a noticeable improvement in picture. Applying a switch or splitter may have the same effect for you.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the advice folks, think I will go component from Sky box to tv and then use hdmi cable for my impending blu-ray player, probably the Sony BDPS350.

Cheers

Shayn

A

Anonymous

Pete,

Sorry but I forgot to ask you this earlier, I notice you have the Sony Blu-ray player I will be getting, can you tell what profile version it is and whether this is upgraded with the firmware updates you can get via the ethernet connection.

Rgds

Shayn

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts