HDMI problems with my Marantz SR6003

Heyjijdaar

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm quite new to home cinema with equipment like the Marantz SR6003. It would been nice to experience all the fruits, and not the problems that currently ruining my experience.

I have got lots of problems with my HDMI connections. I will tell you about this, can you tell me if the problems are normal.

I have got a Marantz SR6003 bought in juni last year. The Marantz HDMI board was broken and fixed by the factory in September 2009. I'm set up now, with some nice Quad's 21L2 and 9L2's. Combined with a Samsung LED tv, Cisco cable receiver, Philips HDMI DVD and a Western Digital Live HD. All wired with decent HDMI cables, even two ThatCable 5 stars cables.

[*]When the setup is off, and I want to look at the TV, I turn on the TV first, then the Marantz SR6003, then my Cisco setup box. I'm patient, so I give the TV and the Marantz enough time to start up and recognize each other. However when I put on the Cisco the Marantz doesn't always pickup the signal. I've got snow, but I've got sounds from the Cisco. Or I have got picture with white spots and no sound. To make this work again I will have got to put the Cisco off and on again and most of the times it works. Above method gives this problem 5 times out of 10.
[*]When I use the Harmony One, and the setup is off, and I want to look at the TV, I turn on the TV first,
then the Marantz SR6003, then my Cisco setup box. However the Harmony One sometimes turn ons the Cisco before the Marantz. I will have got to put the Cisco off and on again and most of the times
it works. The Marantz SR6003 doesn't connect probably 8 out of 10.[*]The Western Digital Live HD and Philips HDMI DVD also gives similar problems.
Is it normal to experience problems all the time when connected to HDMI?

ps. I'm from the Netherlands, hope my English isn't too bad!

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
This won't help your problem but I have similar issues and my amp. blu ray and tv are all Sony. No matter how many times I have set them up, the HDMI control functions don't work properly. I assume this is the problem you are having. I just do it all manually now and save myself the stress.

Before I had an HD seup, everything was connected via scart (euroconnector) and worked fine. My sat box even brought the TV out of standby - and they call this progress - bah!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
HDMI handshake problems aren't that uncommon to be honest. I would simply reprogram the order in which the equipment turns on on the Harmony. That shouldn't take too long to sort out.

A

Anonymous

I have the same hdmi problems with the Marantz 6003. Around 1in 5 times when i go to watch my apple tv i get a picture but it picks up no sound. I have to turn the apple tv off then back on then it works.

John...

Heyjijdaar

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Exactly the same problem over here.

I contacted Marantz Benelux for solving the problem. I have to give them the productnumbers of the tv, dvd, cablereceiver etc and they want to know which firmware the Marantz has.

They asked me to update the TV to the latest firmware version, which I already had. Did this again, and updated it again, to the current version. Seems like the problem is now less present.

I also discovered that one off the 5 stars That Cable HDMI cables isn't working probably. I've bought them to rule out the the possibility that it were inferior cable's that caused my problems. The cable I received doesn't receive any stars from me, though the That Cable service is great, they promised to send me a new one without any questions.

So, now I'm still testing my setup.

I have these devices:

Samsung LE-40A786
Western Digital DW TV Live - 1080p out
Philips DVP5990/12
DVD - 1080p out
Cisco 8455 DVB HD PVR - 1080i out

Marantz SR6003 1080i out.

Should I put the devices to the maximum resolution? Should I put the Marantz on Auto or 1080p? What settings are recommended by you?

TRENDING THREADS