hdmi phono leads

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i think cable manufactures are ripping us off .as i was looking to buy phono and some hdmi cables i got thinking buy 0.5m lenths. i saw hdmi made by qed at £63for 0.5m then for 1m cost £72 for a 3m lenth cost £85 a difference of £22 so its not the cable your paying for its the connectors what a rip off this is so i will now buy some £10 leads at argos ---- whats your thoughts on this

A

Anonymous

I think you can do better than Argos if you want a HDMI lead for £10.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
dvdaudio:i think cable manufactures are ripping us off .as i was looking to buy phono and some hdmi cables i got thinking buy 0.5m lenths. i saw hdmi made by qed at £63for 0.5m then for 1m cost £72 for a 3m lenth cost £85 a difference of £22 so its not the cable your paying for its the connectors what a rip off this is so i will now buy some £10 leads at argos ---- whats your thoughts on this

I think the cables would be pretty useless without the connectors...

A

Anonymous

maybe so but the cable only costs £22. and connections £53 for a plug with bit of soldier to dear by far

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think your only looking at the cost of the materials involved and forgetting other costs like manufacturing, labour etc. etc. I'd imagine the cost of actually producing a 0.5m cable is not that much less than it is to produce a 1m or a 3m cable when you take all of these other costs into account.

A

Anonymous

And Markup.... I won't bore you with the details but I've posted on my home made silvercore stuff, made two pair of leads for under 50 squid. PTFE shielding, copper sheilding, silver solid core, eichmann bullet ends... doesn't cost that much really

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts