HDMI or Component Cabling between Blue Ray Player and TV?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Your advice please. I have a Sky HD Box which is currently connected to my Panasonic TH-37 PV 500E TV by an HDMI cable. As the TV has only one HDMI input my current DVD player is connected to the TV by component cables. If I replace my DVD with a Blue Ray player should I continue with this configuration or reverse; ie Sky Box to TV by component and Blue Ray to TV by HDMI?

The second issue is that my AV Receiver is a Denon AVR 2803 which does not have HDMI input so I am using a coaxial audio connection from my DVD player to the Receiver. At present the DVD, TV and Sy Box system works well, but I need advice on changes I need to make with a Blue Ray player. Many thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The first part doesn't make much difference, but remember that if you want to hear sound through the TV's speakers from whichever source is connected using component, you'll also need an audio connection from the source to the TV

The second part? Make sure you buy a player with mutlichannel analogue outputs, then connect these to the Denon's multichannel inputs using several sets of analogue interconnects - three pairs if you have a player with 5.1 output, four if you have one with 7.1.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
You can buy an HDMI switch box but you could put the Sky HD onto component and the Blu-ray player as HDMI. Buying a Blu-ray player which does the HD sound decoding and then puts it out over analogue to the amplifier multichannel inputs would give you HD sound.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou. Would the Pioneer BDP-51D or Panasonic DMP-BD55 have the multi channel audio outputs?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts