HDMI for Pioneer BDP-LX91

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am due to be getting a Pioneer BDP-LX91, it is going to be connected to my Pioneer LX5090 through my Onkyo 875 using Van Den Hul Flat HDMIs. Now I know the LX91 has an extra HDMI output for direct connection to the TV but I also know it has a brilliant video DAC. The question is, what would produce a superior picture (and cost/benefit wise):

Van Den Hul HDMI Flat

Van Den Hul Ultimate HDMI

A decent component cable (£100+)

Or even just leave it running VDH Flat through the Onkyo

Thanks

James

A

Anonymous

I found running the hdmi 'straight through' as it were, from source to reciever then to the tv was the best way (so two hdmi leads). The option for this is on the onkyo set-up menu. This should give you the best pic, it did with me.

A

Anonymous

I didn't really answer the main question did I? anyway, like said before me - hdmi will be superior and you won't need a seperate audio cable like you would with component to get the sound.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Connect the kuro link hdmi directly to the TV and the hdmi marked sub to the av amp, this will bypass any processing the amp will do.

Enjoy

A

Anonymous

Paulthefilmfan:I didn't really answer the main question did I? anyway, like said before me - hdmi will be superior and you won't need a seperate audio cable like you would with component to get the sound.

I know normally the Blu-ray to amp and then amp to the TV via HDMI is the normal route, however being such a high end Blu-ray player it has seperate HDMIs output for HD sound and the video. I am not bothered about the KURO link, I prefer seperate remotes for each function.... All I wondered was has anyone seen the benefit of using the second HDMI to connect directly to the tv? Also which HDMI to go for, VDH flat, VDH Ultimate or any other! (I will be running VDH flat for the audio)

Sorry about any confusion. Thanks for everyones help!

James

A

Anonymous

Did the test team try out the two methods? What HDMI did they use?

A

Anonymous

JTD:
Paulthefilmfan:I didn't really answer the main question did I? anyway, like said before me - hdmi will be superior and you won't need a seperate audio cable like you would with component to get the sound.

I know normally the Blu-ray to amp and then amp to the TV via HDMI is the normal route, however being such a high end Blu-ray player it has seperate HDMIs output for HD sound and the video. I am not bothered about the KURO link, I prefer seperate remotes for each function.... All I wondered was has anyone seen the benefit of using the second HDMI to connect directly to the tv? Also which HDMI to go for, VDH flat, VDH Ultimate or any other! (I will be running VDH flat for the audio)

Sorry about any confusion. Thanks for everyones help!

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts